Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Hi, I'm still on Dan's regimen (which is working btw) but the thing is... a few of my pimples dried up and turn brown... i dont know what to do with those, and i got little red marks that also turned brown(some are still red). I still have like one or two pimples on my face left, so im still going to use Dan's regimen, but what can i add on to the regimen to get rid of my red marks/brown marks... any moisturizer of some sort? or any cream?

i hate to be the bringer of bad news, but the only real treatment is time.

there are somethings that may speed up the process (acid peels, hydroquinone-be careful with it though...), but in my experience none of these work.

am currently using bio-oil for my pigmentation, and im not sure its doing anything, but it makes me feel better...

Good luck in finding something that works for you!

I'm trying Juice Beauty's green apple peel for sensitive skin...I think it's pretty mild, a mix of lactic glycolic and fruit acids. I can't really say how effective it is since I've only used it once (you're supposed to use it once per week)...but lactic and glycolic acids are supposed to be the best for getting rid of pigmentation...I guess exfoliation (chemical or manual) + time is all you can really do (there are also lasers, but those are reaaaaally expensive)

I'm trying Juice Beauty's green apple peel for sensitive skin...I think it's pretty mild, a mix of lactic glycolic and fruit acids. I can't really say how effective it is since I've only used it once (you're supposed to use it once per week)...but lactic and glycolic acids are supposed to be the best for getting rid of pigmentation...I guess exfoliation (chemical or manual) + time is all you can really do (there are also lasers, but those are reaaaaally expensive)

You really should use Dan's AHA cream, because I am using it now and it has done wonders for my red marks.

http://www.acne.org/acne.org-aha-reviews/650/page1.html

There is also Neutrogena Healthy Skin Lotion with AHA and SPF 15, I apply it after my BP, helps prevent whiteheads from forming and it also slowly helps the scaring and pigmentation. No dramatic results at first, but it's a good product in my regimen.

There is also Neutrogena Healthy Skin Lotion with AHA and SPF 15, I apply it after my BP, helps prevent whiteheads from forming and it also slowly helps the scaring and pigmentation. No dramatic results at first, but it's a good product in my regimen.

That seems like something i will need, i'll be looking into that.. thanks! There's also something i want to try, using baking soda with water to exfoliate, then use apple cider vinegar afterwards.. i've used apple cider vinegar by itself but it didn't seem to work much.. so here's the link for whoever wants to try it out, http://www.acne.org/messageboard/OMG-GUYS-THIS-t35135.html