Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Hey i'm relatively new to these forums. Recently i have been really depressed about my acne and looks, i find it hard to go out in places with lost of people around and my parents don't understand at all. I asked my parentsif i could go see a dermatoligist and they said i don't need to see one, theythink im overeating about my acne. But nothing is working, i'm currently on Doxy 2 tablets a day and Diffiren Del for night. I've been on this regimen for about 2 months now and i'm getting no results. i don't no what to do anymore, please any advice!?!? :(

im sorry you arnt having lucky on your treatment and i know how it feels, i remember when my acne was suppper bad i was like that, and i know how its like when parnets dont understand, mine always said "it will go away when you get older" you should talk to your parnets about takin you to the dermatologist again and tell them how your acne makes you feel then insist on taking you, i think if your parnets understand how you feel about it they will take you to a derm

best of luck! i hope everything works out

dude, let your parentz know how much it bugz you. even if they think you're crazy. i was in the same boat. i wanted to drop out of college cuz my acne was so bad. and no one listened. now i have scarz. and everything is that much harder.

don't be afraid to show them your pain. that's what family is for

I definitely have gone through what you've gone through.

When I told my mom that my acne was bugging me she thought I needed to go see a doctor for MENTAL problems not ACNE problems. I was devestated, but she hadn't seen me without makeup in forever so what else did I expect her to think.

But anyways, I'm on doxy and a little after my 2nd month I started to see GREAT results. I still have acne and stuff but it has helped. So definitely continue on with your regimen! Be persistant and patient!

Johnny, do whatever it takes to help your skin. I am much older, and my acne left me with very bad scars. Scars are very difficult and expensive to get rid of. I remember all those years of feeling so self-conscious of myself. I wouldn't even look in a mirror, because if I did, it just got me very down on myself. Be grateful that nowadays there are things you can do for your acne, and if you need to go on Accutane then do it! You don't want to live this way for years to come.

I feel for you. I know how it can affect your self confidence, your social life and relationships.