Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
*Pimp*_____le

I would like to share my horrid story of Accutane.

I started taking Accutane when I was in High School. I had pretty moderate acne but it did really bug me and I was tired of all the other stuff not working. Wrong decision. I probably started the medicine when I was 16 years old. I'm 20 now and am being treated for an autoimmune disease. Pretty much after I got off Accutane I started getting a rash on my face. Then it formed to getting Raynaud's Phenomenon and my hands are now red and purplish over my knuckles. I don't heal worth a crap still. The skin on my face feels worse than when I had acne because it is so sensitive and irritated that I can only use water on my face. It constantly flakes and drives me nuts. I have rashes on my elbows knees and eyelids and the disease is called Dermatomyositis. I also have muscle weakness and sometimes when I flare I can only hold my shoulder up for no more than 3 seconds because it gets tired. You can sit here and tell me well Accutane couldn't do that but I know it did. Right after I got off it it all started. If your acne is not severely deforming your face please just hold out and man it up through your teen years it will definitely be worth it. They will soon find some better topicals. Trust me stay away from this medicine. I know its tough going through high school like that but you get better looking in your 20's anyway and you won't even have acne. Google "Accutane autoimmune" and look at all the cases that are popping up out of no where and are winning these Accutane lawsuits.

I used to use this website before I started Accutane so I feel like I can help a few people out. This drug is very hard.

Steve

Steve-

I am sorry to hear of your condition that you believe was caused by Accutane.

However, Accutane for me was a godsend. I have had acne since I was 12 and I didn't take Accutane until I was 25....yes, I was in my twenty's and still had acne. So yes, while some people do outgrow it, not everyone does.

And not everyone will have a horrible reaction to Accutane, everyone's chemistry is different. For ME, taking Accutane was one of the best decisions I have ever made. Everyone should weigh all the pro's and con's before taking this medicine of course. No, it will not be for everyone but for a lot of people it can and will be a miracle.

Best,

Tasha

Steve-

I am sorry to hear of your condition that you believe was caused by Accutane.

However, Accutane for me was a godsend. I have had acne since I was 12 and I didn't take Accutane until I was 25....yes, I was in my twenty's and still had acne. So yes, while some people do outgrow it, not everyone does.

And not everyone will have a horrible reaction to Accutane, everyone's chemistry is different. For ME, taking Accutane was one of the best decisions I have ever made. Everyone should weigh all the pro's and con's before taking this medicine of course. No, it will not be for everyone but for a lot of people it can and will be a miracle.

Best,

Tasha

Same for me only I am 26 years old. Best decision ever! So sorry this happened to you.

Stories like yours are the reason why I'm trying everything else before I resort to accutane.

My acne is moderate and is fairly easy to conceal with makeup, but it severely affects my confidence and social life. I do experience bouts of near clarity, though.

If I reach 25 and my acne has not cleared or even begun to clear, I will do accutane. However, I don't want to take that risk until I am 100% sure that nothing else will work.