Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Can't say from personal experience cause I would never do that to myself, but I don't know many people who get clear eating vegetarian. Lollypoppy is the only one I can think of, and she eats most of her foods raw as well.

It *could* have an effect. I imagine a vegetarian diet would be more alkaline. But, then again, there are a lot of vegetarians who have copious amounts of dairy and wheat (and there are those Fake vegetarians who eat fish). So, i don't know. I think, it all comes down to what foods you tolerate best. And maybe finding some balance between your fats, proteins, and carbs. If you've always had a high carb diet, maybe look into changing your diet into a low carb one.

Since I stopped eating meat and milk products a year and a half ago I have been almost 100% clear. I have also began using only natural products to wash my face without chemicals. I think this has made me a lot healthier person and this is why my acne got clear.

It is a drastic step to just clear acne, but I have seen people go further. I did it for other reasons.

I think vegetarianism did not have as much of an effect that veganism had on my skin but then that's because for me dairy was more of an issue. I think having cut out meat (which I don't think digests well) and all dairy products as well as a high (not necessarily 100%) intake of raw is worth a try for anyone. There's a transitional period at first where you have to come to terms with not eating the things you liked before but it's interesting for me now to have discovered a whole new range of food that I absolutely love!

A few people had said to me months and months back (on this site) that veganism was possibly the worst thing I could do for my skin (that plus raw). I can't tell you how amazing it is to actually be this clear from what I came from and I'm so glad I stuck at it.

Anyway to answer this post I reckon that vegetarianism won't have as much of an impact as veganism as I think dairy is a worse contributor than meat. Just my opinion based on my experience ;)