Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

i'm going to buy Joppa mineral makeup after having used up the samples that I bought a few months ago, and I would like to buy a new brush. I have been using the brush that came with the L'oeal mineral finish (I had gotten both that and the foundation, both were complete crap). it's okay, but I want something better.

i have large pores and very oily skin. I find that if the coverage is too heavy, the oil makes the makeup look too cakey and shows off my pores. so i'd like medium coverage from my brush. I've been searching the web for the best kind of brush. I came up with a Kabuki and a flat top. but everywhere i looked had conflicting info on the brushes. some said the Kabuki provided medium to heavy coveage and the flat top was light. others said the opposite. can someone please clarify?

and also, i'm very cheap. so is it worth buying a generic brush from meijer? they didn't look too bad. they were natural fiber. the flat top was $14 and the kabuki was $6.

thanks!!!

idk if the they sell these where you're from, but around here we have these EcoTools brushes that are really great! they have really affordable sets for about $10 that have couple of brush each. one of them is specially for mineral makeup. and they even have a really nice retractable kabuki, but these don't appear to be up in their site yet.

http://www.parispresents.com/SearchResults.asp?Cat=36

thanks Cottoncandy, but they don't sell those around here. they seem nice though. i'm always for eco-friendly products.

can anyone tell me the difference between a kabuki and a flat top brush and which one is best for me???

i'm not an expert, but i know that the flat top brush is much more dense than a kabuki. most people i know say that when you use a kabuki, it picks up less product than a flat top, so it takes longer if you want full coverage. i've been using a retractable kabuki for a while and i really like it. i spritz the brush with fix+ and it helps the foundation blend in better.

i think you'll be fine with either one.