Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
KL Merciless

Finally, Accutane!

I've tried almost everything. So, two months ago, the long process of Accutane (well, I am using the generic, Sotret) began. My dermatologist told me the necessary information, etc. I still had to wait another additional month for my period (for some reason, I needed to be on my period and have my blood taken the second day on my period), and then they had received the bloodwork on Monday and called it in. She's starting me on 30mg.

have faith. it'l work. the first time i took it i got dizzy lol but i realized it was because i was nervous. check out my log i just started about 1 week ago.

For headaches, what can you take that won't interfere with the Sotret?

Also, what's something good to make me not pick at my face?? I know it's bad to pick while you're on Accutane, but it's a bad habit i'll need to break while i'm on Accutane!!

Thanks.

Just a little log before I go to school. Having some back aches, and I notice some huge pimples that have popped up, and some new cysts. Semi-chapped lips, but that could be from my braces, but no dry skin yet.

Day Three

Had a few headaches throughout school, some back aches, no dry skin as of yet, lips semi-chapped (braces don't help, though). Ugh, I picked at my face today! I have got to stop. :doh:

Question. I heard that taking Vitamin C doesn't go well with the Accutane, and I have been having 100% Vitamin C juice drinks for the past two days for lunch. Is this ok?

Cheers.

Day Four

Face seems to be drying up. Not seeing any horrible breakouts, only the pimples that have popped up like I mentioned earlier. Face getting a little itchier. One huge pimple on the side of my face, near my ear, is painful. Hopefully that will be gone soon.

I'm also using Purpose cleansing wash. My dermatologist recommended it for me, so I assume that it's good to use it.

I will post pictures soon.

Congrats on starting Soret Kimoko,

keep us posted! I just started myself and look forward to seeing how it works out for you. Don't let the red tape of it all get to you either with the doctors. These few months could very well change your life! Keep up the great work.

Congrats on starting Soret Kiki,

keep us posted! I just started myself and look forward to seeing how it works out for you. Don't let the red tape of it all get to you either with the doctors. These few months could very well change your life! Keep up the great work.

Thanks!

:D

Good luck on your treatment Kimoko! I just started Sotret (40mg) on the 5th :dance: and I've been experiencing almost identical symptoms as you: chapped lips, ichy face (that ones annoying), not really any dry skin yet though luckily (I have a log too if you want to check it out). Acne type also looks very simular to mine, hopefully we'll both have really awesome results!

Good luck again!

Good luck on your treatment Kimoko! I just started Sotret (40mg) on the 5th :dance: and I've been experiencing almost identical symptoms as you: chapped lips, ichy face (that ones annoying), not really any dry skin yet though luckily (I have a log too if you want to check it out). Acne type also looks very simular to mine, hopefully we'll both have really awesome results!

Good luck again!

Thanks! Appreciate the encouragement, thanks again Owen!

My brother was on accutane as well, and I saw his improvements, and I am hoping to get the same result. :)

Day Seven

Joint paint is becoming more of a symptom. I had a massive headache all day throughout school, and some wrist pain, leg pain, and my fingers ached a lot. I can see my face starting to dry out more, and new pimples have popped up (ugh! :doubt:).

It is fine to take Vitamin C with accutane. for every vitamin, there's someone out there saying you shouldn't take it with accutane. The truth is, you can take any vitamin (except A of course), and for that matter, you can eat most foods and :shifty: even drink some alcohol! accutane is just a drug thats hard on your liver so its better to be healthy when youre on it. vitamin C is good for you.

I find moisturizing the face helps with picking, even if the skins not dry. for some reason when its all lubed up it's less appealing to pick at. and moisturizing is good even before it dries out.

I had very similar acne to you at around age 17-18. It's cleared a good amount but I'm now 25, still have it, and am now half way through my accutane treatment. not gonig on it 8 years ago was the worst mistake of my life. you will be so glad you did this. hang in there.

Day Eight

Dealing with more joint pain, more so than yesterday. Fingers ache and are a bit stiff, a long with arm/wrist. Had a mini-headache, but this time did not last all day.

Nothing to report on my face, still looks the same, perhaps even more pimples (haven't noticed, however).

The joint thing is driving me crazy, though.

What are some good medications for joint pain? I heard that a hot bath will do it, but it's okay to take Ibuprofen and any other joint medications, right?

Day Ten

Joint pain isn't as bad, a few more pimples have come to the surface. A huge cyst on my chin that hurts. :doubt: My lips are getting extremely dry, and I haven't got any Aquaphor at the moment. Nothing else too significant to report.

Day Fourteen

I have a sore throat, which my mom has, so I caught it from her... right before christmas, too. :doubt: Some more huge new pimples, and no dry lips (I finally got some Aquaphor).

Joint pain - the start of something sinister. Here's hoping it dimishes over time at it's not permanant like mine is likely to be 18 months on.

Joint pain - the start of something sinister. Here's hoping it dimishes over time at it's not permanant like mine is likely to be 18 months on.

Yeah, I haven't had any joint pain today really, but yesterday wasn't all too fun with that.

I haven't posted in awhile....

But, I am now in the third month of Accutane (doctor switched me to Claravis) and I moved somewhere else in the state, so now I have to see a new dermatologist which I am not happy about (am afraid they will do something to muck up my treatment)

My face worse than when it started. I have more acne on my cheeks, forehead, and chin now. I am losing confidence... but my dermatologist assured me it usually takes more than three months to see any significant improvement. But, I am still worried...

I am now on 60mg (taking two pills a day).

Totally unconfident about this... would have expected to see a tiny bit of improvement. :doh:

Also, does any one have any suggestions on cleansing wipes or face washes? I use Purpose, but I would like to try out some wipes as well.

I also have a HORRIBLE rash that has been going on for two months (nurse told me to put cortizone(sp?) on it, and lotion two times a day). It started on my hands, spread to my arms, and now is all over my legs. Ugh!! However, I can keep it under control if I keep applying the cream and lotion. But, its persistant.

Hey, Kimoko! Thought I'd visit your log...

So I have a rash on my wrist that I've just discovered. How is the cortisone and lotion two times a day working for you?? I will try this and see if I can get it under control before it takes over my whole right arm!