Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

I'm sick of hiding or being embarrassed to speak out because I'm afraid of people looking at me. I'm not an un-popular person, I just hold myself back from everything I could have: more friends, a social life, a boyfriend. I'm sick of not feeling good enough to go up and talk to him instead of him talking to me. I'm sick of walking with my head down, hiding my hyperpigmentations from everyone else, because my makeup doesn't fully cover it. I'm sick of caring what people think of my skin!

Any advice? I know it's going to be awhile before these marks go away, but what can I do in the mean time? (I do use ACV and other products to help, but the process is still slow.)

I want to be able to go up to the guy I like, sling my arm around his shoulders, and talk to him like all the other girls at school without feeling self-conscious.

Basically: What helps you feel beautiful/self-confident?

It comes with time.

I was very very shy pretty much unto my senior year... then you learn to just let go. Be yourself, because yourself is cool. Just do what you want to do. It's so hard, i know it is. I always want to talk to someone, and there is this feeling holding me back, that feeling of worrying. It is a horrible feeling, it really is. You have to just overcome that feeling, just JUMP. Like jumping into cold water at the pool, jumping out of an airplane while skydiving, leaving your home to go on an adventure and not looking back. You have to take that fear, that worry, embrace it, and just leap. Once you learn to do that, each time gets easier. You will learn to become confident with who you are, to love yourself, even with your flaws and quirks. I walked down the street today in the rain with sunglasses and sweatpants and sandals, just because i wanted to, and it feels GOOD.

I know its so cliche, but life is too short. Too short to let that fear hold you back. I always thought about how my life would have been different if i took leaps earlier when i wanted to, instead of letting the fear hold me back... its a sad thought really. The most you can do is just take the chances that are given to you now, so you dont regret them later.

pm me if you need to talk about anything else. =)

I understand what you mean and sometimes I do try. On the other hand, when I do try to come out of my shell (I'm not shy, I just think for some reason that people I don't know very well would never want to associate with me). I try to do things, but after I do them, I'm feel really dumb and really embarrassed. I'm not sure why.

I expect people to come up to me FIRST, which makes me a bad friend in a way. I don't know how to stop and just go up to people myself. (especially the guy I like, which is doesn't help that he's two years older than me)

I expect people to come up to me FIRST, which makes me a bad friend in a way. I don't know how to stop and just go up to people myself. (especially the guy I like, which is doesn't help that he's two years older than me)

I told you the way to overcome that young one. Just JUMP. Just start walking towards him and eventually youll have to say something.

If he is a nice guy, a geniune guy, no matter how awkward you are it will be ok. If he is a papa douche you will realize it and he isnt worth your time anyway.

Honestly, I just fool myself. I used to bring myself down, and always kind of look away when I was talking to someone, but now I just try my hardest to pretend I don't have acne. Basically, any time you get in a situation where you are thinking "I can't do this because of my acne" or "I should turn this side of my face away from that person", just don't. People are much more attracted and pay more attention to a smile on your face, and forget about your acne if you do to.

But I know it hurts, and its hard. GOD! The things I'd do to wake up tomorrow and never have acne again!

Everyone feels awkward and embarrassed at times. Get used to it, it's not gonna change, it's part of being human. So, FUCK IT!

You've done enough thinking. You've analysed the situation and you know what needs to be done. So, now it's time for ACTION!

Just do it, GOD DAM IT, JUST FUCKING DO IT!!!!!!!!!!

DO DO DO DO DO DO DO DO DO DO DO DO DO DO DO DO DO DO DO DO DO DO DO DO DO DO

Yeah, you really should just do it.

When I'm having a bad skin day, I'll try my best to do things I enjoy that take my mind off it. Do your hair real nice, wear your favorite shirt, see that movie you wanted to see (movie theaters are dark, at the very least), buy/prepare your favorite dinner. Be kind to yourself and know that, just as easily as things go bad, they can get better, too.