Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
daf

Does Zinc really boost Testosteron levels?

In a men's health kind of magazine there was an article about how to get your testosteron levels up. They said that foods with zinc in it are good for that, as zinc would "boost your Testosteron levels".

But if you have hormonal acne higher testosteron levels aren't good, right?

Because I use about 50mg of zinc a day as it's supposed to help against acne (for example Dan uses and advises it).

Would stopping the intake of extra zinc lower my testosteron levels and by that calm my oil glands down? (I'm allways very oily)

Thanks in advance :)

Testosterone isn't the problem (unless it's out of balance with your other hormones). It's dihydrotestosterone (DHT) that's the problem. Excess androgens are an issue too. Excess hormones, in general, isn't very good.

to be honest im not sure about the science of zinc and how or why it works, but as soon as i began taking it i started to see a slight decrease in acne..

In a men's health kind of magazine there was an article about how to get your testosteron levels up. They said that foods with zinc in it are good for that, as zinc would "boost your Testosteron levels".

But if you have hormonal acne higher testosteron levels aren't good, right?

Because I use about 50mg of zinc a day as it's supposed to help against acne (for example Dan uses and advises it).

Would stopping the intake of extra zinc lower my testosteron levels and by that calm my oil glands down? (I'm allways very oily)

Thanks in advance :)

who was the article written by? someone who may know the correct answer??

did they have any study referenced to back up their statement??

perhaps a search on pubmed would give you a great answer.

It does, but "boost" is such a horrible word. There is no value defined there.

Zinc does not "boost" testosterone. What happens is excess testosterone is converted to estrogen in males. Zinc inhibits that process. So really, it doesn't make your body produce more, just prevents it from turning to much to estrogen.

actually while taking zinc my face and hair is not as oily so I think you have it backward. When you don't take it, your face would actually be more oily. Because when I don't take it my face is oilier.

I think the myth that zinc boosts testosterone stems, at least in part, by all the sneaky research done on ZMA (a main ingredient in which is zinc).

Zinc doesn't increase testosterone noticeably, if it did, every bodybuilder would be taking it.

Zinc is truly one of the best natural testosterone booster. Just a 6 months of consumption is enough to improve your T levels to peaks!!!
It also plays an important role when it comes to modulating serum testosterone levels in men’s bodies.
Info gathered from toptestosteroneboosters.org website