Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Hi everyone,

Some of you may know that I've been on accutane for 5 months now and have about 1.5 months to go. My skin has gotten heaps better thankfully but I still have a good deal of redmarks. With makeup on, my skin looks decent

So Ive been seeing this guy for a bit now but we're not official or anything yet. However, its at the stage where we're spending the night over at each other's places. I really dont know what to do about this, since the first time, I just slept with my makeup on (horrible for my skin I know!) and the next time I washed my face and went into the room after the lights were off, then he had to leave really early in the morning while I was asleep so didnt really see me w/o the makeup

Im very uncomfortable around him without makeup, I dont want to compromise my skin's health and sleep with makeup on and I dont want to not be with him because of my skin paranoia, any ideas what I should then???

Thank u!!!

hello :)

look... you sleep at each other's place. at this point, you should reaaaally trust each other. ditch the makeup, let him see you, and if he doesn't like that, we'll, his loss - he wasn't worth you and he wouldn't appreciate you for who you are.

just my 0.02 :)

He prolly thinks you're more beautiful in your real skin :) I remember this one member on the forum told me her boyfriend told her not to put on globs on make-up because, "you putting on makeup is like putting clouds over the beautiful sun" :wub:

Guys are really sweet/sensitive behind their macho look lol

Mira mija... :think:

We don't care how girls look like with out make up.My ex was the same way.She actually look better with out make up.

So don't sweat it.

I had the same problem when I was first dating my boyfriend. One option is that mineral makeup is supposed to be not bad to sleep in. So, you could wash your face, apply any meds and then reapply a bit of makeup like Bare Escentuals.

Or, just get up and wash your face after the lights are off, and get up before he does and reapply in the morn.

Or...probably the best thing to do is what the others are suggesting, and that is just let him see your skin! Now, that my skin has healed a lot, and we've been together 10 months, I go all day inside without makeup and I don't care.

So, do what you are comfortable doing...but I understand your plight!!

Personally, most of girls I know well, I prefer to see without makeup. That way I'm not hiding anything and neither are they. Just forget about it.

When I first started dating my boyfriend of two years I was going through the same thing. What I would do is go to bed with him (lights off) and then get up to use the restroom (wash my face ect.)... When I would get back the lights were off- but he was usually asleep anyways. Then in the mornings I would wake up before him. This was easy cause he would sleep in, and I am more of an early riser. Anywho I would wake up and go wash my face and put on my makeup.

I don't have to do this anymore cause i am more comfortable. But I know exactly how you feel- it was the biggest pain in the butt... especially when I stayed at his place cause then I had to bring all my products with me.

I dont know when you posted thsi but im bored as hell so heres what I think. If you all are already sleeping over and what not that guy has to be an idiot of he thinks any different of you without your make up. Girls ..or Women over analyze things liek this. Us guys dont care...those that do are shallow mother fo's. :D so dont sweat it... and im not just another dude saying that trust me

as long as he gets lucky...u dont have a prob :D

Try not to worry about it, you're on accutane and you said your skin is looking much better so in a couple of months this probably won't be an issue. Unless he's a big jackass he won't say anything even if he does notice.