Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
redviking65

TCA CROSS effectiveness for...

Hello all,

I have read many of the TCA CROSS threads on this website and have researched this procedure on other websites. However, I can't seem to find any clear indication as to whether TCA CROSS works on enlarged pores, scarred pores, or icepicks. All 3 of these types of scars seem to be similar, just different in size/depth, and I have a variety of them, for the most part, just over my cheeks caused by blackheads. Can anybody attest to the effectiveness of TCA CROSS on these types of scars? If so, how much improvement in % and how many treatments to reach this improvement?

Also, would this treatment yield better results on a younger person with younger scars? (I'm a college student.)

Thanks a lot!

yes tca cross works on those scars. Im fact it is supposed to work better on those types. Results vary from person to person. I will be performing tca cross in a week but on different types.

What people have said in those threads it's that they ideally work for boxcar, icepicks and less successfully for rolling scars.

If you're on the fence you should understand that it's quite possible to make your scars worse depending on you physiology and plain old toothpick handling. If you are dark skinned there are risks of pigmentation issues.

Cross also takes a long time, what will happen is that right after you cross they will look worse, when a scab form they may even look completely filled in (that the scab). It's only after the scab falls off and weeks of healing + repeated crosses can you finally say whether or not they've improved or worsen.

Honestly the 60-100 bucks isn't a big issue imo, it's just how comfortable you are taking risks. Buy it and try one scar. Just be prepared that it will for sure look worse at the start and there's a real risk that it can make a scar worse.

Repeated CROSS application can normalize deep rolling and boxcar scars, and a similar result can be achieved for deep icepick scars with higher TCA con­centrations of up to 100%. Because clinical improve­ment is proportional to the number of courses of CROSS treatment, this method is effective for the treatment of all deep acne scar types. Furthermore, it can also be utilized for autologous soft tissue augmen­tation prior to performing the classic full-face resur­facing modalities for deeply pitted areas.20 Also, we have used this technique successfully for treating di­lated pores. Recently we used the CROSS method for reconstructing depressed surgical scars.

http://www.cosmeticskin.com/skin-acne4.shtml

There's your answer.

I suggest reading an entire article when you find a hit when using a search engine. This article was one of the first 10 results.

I used the search term "TCA CROSS treatment" on Google.

In the link you posted, it said you must press hard against the scar. When I do it, I apply hardly any pressure. I finished my third session with 100% TCA solution a month ago, and not much has happened. Do you think it's because of the force I am applying? Should I apply more?