Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
*MEaGAiN*

i have a play tomorrow and im having the worst breakout ever

wow ive never made a topic on the emo bored...anyway heres my sob story.

im so depressed, i went and had extractions done by some idiot apparently at this day spa sigh that was on friday and everywhere she extracted from it seems is inflammed, i guess my skin was too sensitive and wasnt ready or shes just an idiot. BUT anyway im in a play tomorrow and have an after party and i have like 4 big pimples on my chin rt now along with my redmarks of course. I remember when i started college being soooo clear. i literally want to call sick but would never do that, although my understudy would be happy haha... i was so grateful to get this part and now i cant even have fun damnit!!! I hate acne so much. like i really do, and im def doing my own makeup, i dont want anyone to touch my face. I think ill start up dans regimine again cause its the only thing that worked, its just the BP makes my red marks last foreverrr.

Any words of encouragment? I know im just fishing for love but rt now the org is all i have to make me feel accepted. i feel like such a downer, sigh i never used to be like this :(

I want to say something deeper; but: Theater makeup is magic.

Haha.

But you know what; I have marks on my face and a few pimples here and there and honestly I don't even care anymore. I mean makeup is just about my savior;

So make it yours. Hahaha :)

I wish I was there to do your makeup. I'd make you look stunning, I think.

Just go out there and do what you love to do. Forget what you look like. Just think about your character and how you portray it.

Plus, people are NOT going to notice a few pimples and a little red mark here and there.

They're going to be paying attention to YOU and your acting.

Don't worry. Be happy. And break a leg.

Haha I hate those expressions but you know what I mean.

jasmine ur so wise for ur age :genius: . yea i loove theatre makeup its soo thick which works well for me, sadly tho i have like 3 big crusty bumps that i picked at of course darnit no more picking for me i swear it off! :silenced: anyway thanks ur the sweetest girl ever i cant wait til u can get in the lounge :D

Meagain- skin never seems to want to cooperate! You obviously got the part because of your talent, not your skin. Everyone in the audience isn’t going to notice your skin-one because of makeup and two because they’re going to be so blown away by your performance! Afterwards, the cast will be so high off the energy of the show they’re not even going to be focusing on your chin. With all that said, I know it still sucks (trust me, I’ve had some pretty disgusting breakouts which I made worse by picking). Use Neosporin and put a band-aide over your scabs, that should make them look better by the morning. Do your own make-up…even if I wasn’t having a breakout the thought of someone else doing my makeup makes me cringe! Haha. I bet you’ll have a great time. Sure, now and again you’ll worry about what your skin is doing, but overall your skin isn’t going to overshadow you on this night! Have fun!

jasmine ur so wise for ur age :genius: . yea i loove theatre makeup its soo thick which works well for me, sadly tho i have like 3 big crusty bumps that i picked at of course darnit no more picking for me i swear it off! :silenced: anyway thanks ur the sweetest girl ever i cant wait til u can get in the lounge :D

Ahahah, I do feel older than I am. I'm sure you'll look gorgeous anyway. Trust me.

I can't wait either, honestly. I want to know what it's like. Pff

I've already got the posts but the time I've been here is lacking. Hahaha

I'm also a theatre person, and I know for sure that no one can see your acne, even big bumpy ones on stage, when you are wearing makeup. That is assuming you don't have severe acne.

The lighting is so natural and the makeup so covering, that no one will see anything unless you are standing above them in the first row.

megan my dear, dont be down =(

Noone really cares, trust me. If you are on stage, for one, people are looking at your acting now your chin.

Two, after parties are about fun, so HAVE FUN!! Don't let little things get in the way of that. Just put on some makeup if need be and go have a blast.

jasmine ur so wise for ur age :genius: .

Just focus on your acting and kill it! People will be more interested in your acting anyways. Go out there and have a good time! It would suck for you to look back at this time in your life and think, "Geez if only I had lived it up that one night I had that play" You will be great!

aww thanks guys! u make me feel so loved :wub:

they acutually look a lot better since i put ice on it. goodness i have no idea what id do without makeup haha.

your beautiful.

just try not to worry so much

i knows it hard to do cause im always checking my skin in the mirrior

but just try and look on the bright side.

Hey lovely lady, I can definitely relate. I started getting acne right before I quit dance, so I had to cake my makeup on before my performance a year ago. The upside is that no one will be able to see it from a distance, especially under makeup (even if the makeup is cakey). The downside is that it can definitely be nerve wracking, standing in front of a crowd when your skin isn't looking its best.

Best of luck with your play. I hope everything goes/went wonderfully. =]

P.S. I had extractions months ago, and the woman put all kinds of weird astringents on my skin. I looked like I had a severe sunburn afterward. >.< She had to keep getting me ice cubes to wrap in a cloth and hold on my cheeks. Spas are usually the last place you want to go when you have sensitive skin, unfortunately. :/

yea lauren i completely agree about spas being the last place to go now hahaha

thanks guys it went wonderfully! and i had my friends bday party today and my skin looked a lot better but i didnt even care about the couple pimples there which was good cause this guy i liked was there and he didnt seem to give a shit about it so thats good :) haha