Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Well... I'm pissed with this acne shit. No body really knows why we get it or how we can treat it. Sure there are hundreds of treatments, but if they all worked we would not be on this site looking for ways to cure our acne. As for me, I'm 20 years old and a junior in college, the time of my life. Until a month or so ago when my mild acne, pretty much very mild, came back with a vengence. Now, I'm not a person who is overly critical of my face and complaining about few zits like some people here. I know what it is like to live with horrible acne and an overall clear healthy face. In high school out of no where senior year I developed severe acne that made me spend countless nights and days on this website hoping for a cure. ended up going on accutane after messing around with treatments like anti-inflamitories, pro-active, bp, retin-a. So I began taking accutane halfway through senior year and after a long up and down process, by the end of June I really saw great progress. I went into college with good looking skin and great self-esteem that was built up by my battle with acne. Self-esteem only continued to soar through college...But now, it's back. Granted it's not nearly as bad as it once was, but I'm afraid that it may get there because of the continually declining health of my skin. In the past month, my skin has been getting progressively worse and I am finished with it. I don't want this again. So what am I going to do??? well, I thought that getting a microdermabrasion cloth might help. I've had it for maybe 6 weeks and its not done much. Like I said, acne has been getting worse and today its at its worse swince finishing accutane.

SO..What am I going to do?? nothing, absolutely nothing. Irritation has rarely helped my skin, so I am going to try what a few others have done and just leave my face alone. THe hardest part will be not to pick at it, but I can't promise I won't do that. So, I'm not going to wash my face, just let it get wet in the shower and maybe wash it with a mild cleanser every 3 days or so. Let's see what happens...Day 1

Wash your face with a gentle cleanser morning and night at least :( like with Johnson's head-to-toe baby wash, it's gentle enough for babies so it should be for your skin. Depending on what type of skin you have dry or oily, a little moisturizer can't hurt.

Going the "leave my face alone route" , avoid tropicals, but I still recommend washing and moisturizing.

1 tropical at a time usually helps finding what works and what doesn't, but best wishes ! :)

Thanks for the advice... I am still going to throw water on my face once a day in the shower, but just enough to rinse off any dirt/sweat. As for a cleanser, I am going to use the cetaphil one every couple of days lightly. Also, until my skin can stay moiturizedd on its own, I will use cetaphil only because it is dry windy weather here so I may need it at first. Also, I've got some great pimples all coming to heads now!! It's awsome! I just love zits, ooohh ya :D Lucky for me I get to pump out a bunch of papers for classes, being that its just about crunch time and I'm way behind like usual. Here we go! Comments are more than welcome. FYI, I think that I have a pimple actually coming in on the bottom of my nose in beween my nostrils...is that even possible>?? It just kinda hurts so I'm assuming it will form into a pimple. I guess I will find out in the am. I have had pimples in lots of random places, I'm pretty sure that I have had one on my wrist at one point...but that's just an aside. Today I've kind of been hibernating in my house, but when I was out I felt fine. I know I have acne, but what am I gonna do about it. NOT MUCH so why should I worry. Like Will Ferrel said in Old School, "Well, keep on...keep on truckin." as for me, its back to the school work... BYE! :wall:

I got a pimple in my nose the other day!

Maybe it has something to do with the weather? (it's winter here) But when I was it I was pretty much like "omg this is ridiculous" haha

good luck~

ha, ya. Pimples are so promiscuous, getting around everywhere even in your nose. I've had a few of those in my nose for sure in the past. Looking in the mirror today I realised that my face is doing pretty shitty...it reminds me of when I was breaking out in high school, ugh. I can't do much about it though and right now I don't have the time. So, what better way to help than not do anything! I haven't touched my face with any water today and won't until I take a shower...I'm just going to maybe let some water hit it for a few seconds and then thats it for today. I'll probably be up all night to finish my paper so I'm sure being sleep deprived won' help my face, but I never really considered that to be too much of a factor, I generally get 8 hours in, just won't happen tonight. COME ON FACE

good luck with this...I have to say I don't buy into the "leave your face alone and your acne will disappear" philosophy, but that would be cool if it did work! At least for me personally I find that if I skip a shower or a face washing, I'm more oily and more likely to break out. topicals have helped me a lot also, and I don't think I could give them up. can I ask what kinds of topicals you've tried in the past? I'm using azelex and clenia right now and love this topical routine!

Ya, I'm not sure how much faith I have in this type of regimine, but its worth a shot. It seems to be logical that everytime you have a little flair up, you immediately freak out and try to think of ways to cleanse your skin or apply some sort of treatment and then next thing you know,...bam! more acne. So I think it makes a little bit of sense. As for topicals and meds... I have tried proactive, which was a joke, made me a lot worse, but that was also just as I started to get bad acne. I went on benzcycline I think its called. Retin-A, and also I had some sort of anti-inflamitory. Then it was accutane to the rescue. It was a rocky 5 months, but eventuially it worked. Then about a year ago or 2 I went back on benzycline because I had a little breakout and I continued to use that for a while and then went off. Then last year I had a l;ittle break out and went back on it and then off. And then just before summer I had another little break out and tried out differen and some other topical that I used everyother day along with a pill that was a kind of anti-bacterial maybe?? I think Doxycyline or something like that. But I was inconsistent with those and pretty much didn't use much. Then near the end of the summer into the past month I was just washing my face with my axe body wash when I showered. Until I started getting a little bit of a breakout a little over a month ago. Once I got a breakout I started washing my face more than usual and with regular soap. Then I started using a microdermabrasion cloth that I bought and thought that would help, but it probably just irritated my skin...maybe I used it too frequently? So now I'm just going to do nothing really. I think that getting a little breakout everyonce in a while maybe just natural or because of unhealthy habits? Then I probably just wash my face too much and breakout more. So I'm going to leave it alone and see what happens. If this doesn't help I don't think much of anything would, except maybe for accutane, but I can't use that because I'm going away soon and its a huge hassel.

To get to the other question...at first I didn't use anything but water after accutane and everything was fine. Well, I used body wash on my face when I showered. But once I got a little breakout I went on a bp gel, benzcycline I think. I probably didn't need it and I don't know if it helped. I probably just got a little breakout randomly. Post tane was awsome! I really just hope that not irritating my skin will help and I will go back to just the occasional obnoxious zit or 2. Sometimes I think that no matter what I do I can't change my acne, so I'm just going to see what happens with nothing. Hopefully it will just subside :shifty: Back to my paper!

Hopefully things don't become horrible with cystic acne or anything like that. I tried that philosophy for a few days and my skin looked absolutely terrible ( not to give your hopes up ) , I think my skin is just sensitive to rely on its own without any BP or moiturizer.

Keep us updated !

I think my skin is just sensitive to rely on its own without any BP or moiturizer.

oh dear..

ever wondered why your skin is so sensitive?

haha, oh no! I AM a procrastinator, but that's just the way I get things done sometimes. Good news is I am done with my huge paper...bad news is that I still have another weak of studdying and some small papers. As for skin, I took a shower this morning and just rinsed my face with warm water very gently and quickly. I don't believe that I have any new pimples on my face, but the old ones are still around, but slowly fading. My redmarks and fading acne looks pretty darn bad, but I am just happy that it is slowly fading. It's really just a matter of whether or not I will have a new breakout...we will see. Time to unwind

I have a new pimple on the left side of my face! Its about time because for a while I have just been piling on acne only on the right side of my fcace for some reason. Nothin much is really happening to my face. I don' hace much new stuff, but some things have yet to subside. I'm getting a litle antsy, but it will be a while before I can hope that my face will look clear. My problem areas in the past month have been right around my mouth, but it has also started to spread around my cheeks. However, the worst is still aronud my lips. We will see how things go this week. I would really like to have nothing new come in and just let the old one's fade. I am definitly going to be getting red marks left. A lot of the old stuff I had a couple of weeks ago are still pretty dark and red on my face, but its not active acne. I'd rather just have red marks though than anything new...the problem is that both are still occuring. O ya, and thanks for the comments

Just took a shower and rinsed my face lightly in the warm water. one of the pimples I thought was going to be small has ended up to be pretty big...oh well. Maybe i will look better tomorrow, but I'm almost positive it wont. I really just want it all to go away. I feel like its going to be wierd when I see friends I haven't seen in a wihle and they see me with acne again. I don't like thinking about that

I still have a really annoying, slightly painful pimple just below my lip that won't go away! I keep breaking out around there. everything else seems to be going alright

Well, it's been a week and although I think that I have a little improvement in my skin, it is still too early to tell what the results will be. Too many people change a regimine only after a few days of not seeing any progress. However, most treatments take a few weeks before you can truly ttell if it is or isn't working. That's why I can't really say whether or not this idea of not washing my face is helping. Even though my face looks like it is getting better, it only may be temporary and have nothing to do with the no wash idea. In another week or two I will have a much better idea of how it is really working. And oh ya...Almost done with finals!

Sorry about your tough prediciment Cali... Well, I think it's actually workin!? I don't know if I can realy say this yet, but the active acne on my face has been very minimal. Right now I am dealing mainly with many redmarks and some spots of acne on my forehead which usualy isn't much of a problem area, but my hair has gotten pretty long so I wil attribute that tothe cause. I hope that things keep up like this and that my redmarks can begin to clear because sometimes it still looks like its active acne, but that's not enough to get me down. I am almost becoming a believer in this idea

Well, I have a very big pimple right next to my mouth again, but its REALLY BIG. and I have a nice spot right in the middle of my eyes that has been there for the past few days. The spot next to my mouth was kinda strange. about 4 days ago I felt that spot on my face and it was kinda sore and tender and I could feel a tiny bump. THen in the next day it started to grow and now its a giant pimple, maybe a double one. Its still tender and very very annoying! The one on my forehead is bad, but this one is awful. This acne really sucks! I thought that this regimen was going well, but I'm back to not knowing what's going to happen to my face. I don't even want to be around my family or close friends with this zit! But, I wiill keep on keepin on. I may pop it though! I already picked it this morning and it got bright red, which is kinda what it is now, but it's also turning to a head.

When will it stop!? I have been having a really bad breakout the past week and a half and I don't know if it will end. And its the worst timing! I'm going abroad this week and I wanted my skin to be slightly clear when I left, but It has gotten only worse. I still have that giant double zit next to my mouth and the big one on my forehead is going away, but its still very noticeable and red. then around my chin/mouth I've got a new ones from a day ago, even another today. I would say that I'm not getting any more new ones, but these have come so quickly I can't tell what is going on with my face.

So I am going to have to go away to a new country with bad skin :doh: In a way I almost think that this will be easier than to face my old friends after them seeing me go from pretty good skin which I have had for the past 2 years to bad acne again. At least these new people won't know what I used to look like and wont be able to compare it to anything. And maybe the acne will ease up and heal over the next couple of weeks.

I really can't believe how much this new acne has made me hide back in a shell. I forgot what it was really like to have bad acne...AND IT SUCKS!! I have had some breakouts over the past semester but this is by far the worst. It almost reminds me of what happened to my skin before accutane, but I know that this still isn't as bad. This acne has really put me in a bad mood. I haven't even seen all of my friends since being home becuase I don't want them to see me like this. I have even been hiding my face from my grandparents and family.

But I know that I can't go away for the semester and keep to myself and remain isolated. I must explore and meet lots of people. I just wish that I didn't have this sudden bad outbreak before I went away. We all know how hard it is to go out there and be social with this condition. I have been on these forums and told people not to let their acne hold them back, but that's what I'm doing. I need to be social, but I feel like that isn't likely without better skin. All I can do is hope for the best and put my self out there. I know that I can make friends even with acne, but it's just not the same. Please get better!...ya, that's a note to my acne