Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
erin says

Chronicles of Accutane

Day 5

I've been on Accutane for 5 days now. In the first couple of days, it's looked like my skin has cleared up some, but I'm having white heads pop up all over the place (and I'm picking at them, even though I know I'm not supposed to). I'm even breaking out on my neck (they're all inflamed because I've been squeezing at them).

Side effects:

Dryness: surface-level dryness (like being on Tazorac).

Vision: Had some visual disturbances yesterday, sort of shaky around my peripheral vision as if I was looking through gas fumes. Subsided after 15 minutes or so.

Headache: Had one yesterday afternoon. Took 2 Advil and it went away.

Exercise:

I usually run around 3 times a week for 2 miles. So far, I haven't noticed any joint pain. I also lifted weights last night and didn't have any abnormal soreness today.

Here are some blurry pictures (I have makeup on):

post-89962-1228934949_thumb.jpg post-89962-1228934963_thumb.jpg post-89962-1228934993_thumb.jpg

post-89962-1228934981_thumb.jpg

post-89962-1228934981_thumb.jpg

it doesnt look bad at all to me! but picking wil only make it worse, plus accutane slows ur healing time. anyway good luck and keep us updated!

Hey

I have been on roaccutane for...11 days now, and I don't see any results on my face. It frustrates me. I also have cysts on my neck and chin. It only seems to clear out on my back. I am a BAD picker too. I have always picked and cannot seem to control that. I don't have any whiteheads popping up but cysts! eyebrow, nose, chin, cheek!! So annoying. I don't feel well at all when I teach....I focalize on students: I feel like they're all staring at my skin, even when I get closer to explain something and move to their desks!!

Side effects:

Dry skin on my face, but not that bad. Cold cream (heavy!) every night and sunblock in the morning (target brand, the moisturizer with 15 SPF)

Dry lips but chapstick keeps them smooth. Headaches a few days ago. I didn't dare take anything...drank lots of water.

Dry nose and eyes, but totally bearable. I use eyedrops when my eyes are red.

I went to my dance class twice and wasn't sore....cool. I am also a runner but I have stopped because I wanted to wait at least two weeks for my body to get used to the drug before exercising.

I wonder if I have mood swings too, but mostly I felt low the first week and now I'm better.

I also have experienced feeling very faint, twice in class, had to leave and sit down a while.

And the first 5 days I had stomachaches and felt very very nauseous.

I have also been either very very tired or restless...my sleep is definitely affected. I'm giving the first month for the side effects to fade, to see if I can go along the 6 months...

What is your dose? I am on 20mg a day. Once a day. How old are you?

Day 5

I've been on Accutane for 5 days now. In the first couple of days, it's looked like my skin has cleared up some, but I'm having white heads pop up all over the place (and I'm picking at them, even though I know I'm not supposed to). I'm even breaking out on my neck (they're all inflamed because I've been squeezing at them).

Side effects:

Vision: Had some visual disturbances yesterday, sort of shaky around my peripheral vision as if I was looking through gas fumes. Subsided after 15 minutes or so.

Exercise:

I usually run around 3 times a week for 2 miles. So far, I haven't noticed any joint pain. I also lifted weights last night and didn't have any abnormal soreness today.

post-89962-1228934949_thumb.jpg post-89962-1228934963_thumb.jpg post-89962-1228934993_thumb.jpg

You have got to do something about the picking! While on accutane you could have a tiny clogged pore that after you pick it looks like hell. I agree with the sticky note on the mirror. Something that also helped me was when I went in the bathroom at night to wash my face and brush my teeth I would get out of there as soon as I was done doing those things. The more time you spend in the bathroom the more likely you are going to sit and examine your face picking every little thing. Good luck! No picking!!!!!

How long does it take for a cyst to go away under 'tane? I have a huge one at the start of my right eyebrow so that when I raise my eyebrows it looks like a little white ball under my skin. It's been sitting here literally over a week, it is not changing at all, and I haven't touched it.....there are other hard core guys that won't budge either...a pain!!! it's making me nervous.

I am going to not look at myself in the mirror and restrain from picking too.

Do you have a derm you could go to and get those cysts injected? When I was on tane and had a really bad cyst I would have my derm give me a cortisone injection ( I think that is what it is called) and it would go away the next day. Have you tried to ice them to make the swelling go down?

Perrine--

Go to CVS and get Aquaphor: one for your car, purse, and one for your desk--they sell a jar of it and little tubes to carry with you. I've been using that to keep my skin from drying out, and it also reminds me not to pick because I feel the ointment on my skin and I remember not to touch it.

RE the exercise, don't be afraid of running. If you have to take it easier, go ahead, but try and remember that adding 30-40 minutes of intense cardio 3-4 times/week has the same effect as taking an antidepressant.

About the stomach issues, eat a lot of bananas! I'm on the same dosage--20mg twice a day, and I'm 23--but I'm also on medicine (Wellbutrin & Cymbalta) that blocks me up, so I haven't really felt those effects.

Keep letting me know how it goes!

Hey

I have been on roaccutane for...11 days now, and I don't see any results on my face. It frustrates me. I also have cysts on my neck and chin. It only seems to clear out on my back. I am a BAD picker too. I have always picked and cannot seem to control that. I don't have any whiteheads popping up but cysts! eyebrow, nose, chin, cheek!! So annoying. I don't feel well at all when I teach....I focalize on students: I feel like they're all staring at my skin, even when I get closer to explain something and move to their desks!!

Side effects:

Dry skin on my face, but not that bad. Cold cream (heavy!) every night and sunblock in the morning (target brand, the moisturizer with 15 SPF)

Dry lips but chapstick keeps them smooth. Headaches a few days ago. I didn't dare take anything...drank lots of water.

Dry nose and eyes, but totally bearable. I use eyedrops when my eyes are red.

I went to my dance class twice and wasn't sore....cool. I am also a runner but I have stopped because I wanted to wait at least two weeks for my body to get used to the drug before exercising.

I wonder if I have mood swings too, but mostly I felt low the first week and now I'm better.

I also have experienced feeling very faint, twice in class, had to leave and sit down a while.

And the first 5 days I had stomachaches and felt very very nauseous.

I have also been either very very tired or restless...my sleep is definitely affected. I'm giving the first month for the side effects to fade, to see if I can go along the 6 months...

What is your dose? I am on 20mg a day. Once a day. How old are you?

Day 5

Side effects:

Exercise:

I wish I could go to CVS...but I live in France, so I don't have all the US brands.

I am really trying not to pick. In fact, since all the black spots have turned into cysts; and they're headless and so painful, I am not touching anything.

It's been 14 days of accutane and I am feeling better. No more digestive issues or nausea. I am going to get back to exercising as soon as next week because my body has gotten used to the medicine. I hope I won't be sore.

My back is also clearing, yay!!! I am happy about that even if it seems to be different for my face.

Thanks for the advice :))) I love reading about other people's tips and ideas.

ah neck breakouts suck!! I hate them the most. your breakout zones are very similar to mine. I breakout on my neck,chin, lower jawline, and even breakout around and behind me ears. I am also known to be an notorious picker(not nose picker, but acne picker) I say picking is fine if done right(make sure you get all the stuff out) and make sure you keep it from getting infected.

your very pretty btw and accutane will work its magic on you. just be patient