Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Before I get one I need an honest answer!!! how bad do chemichal peels hurt and what do they feel like?

(on a pain scale of 1-10, 1 being not bad at all, 10 being excruciating pain)

Depends on many factors: your skin sensitivity, the chemical being used, the percentage of the chemical, the pH of the product, aftercare, postcare, during care.

If your skin is sensitive expect pain. But if you're having the peel done at a good place that knows technique and product you should get information on how to prepare before your peel, during your peel, and care for your skin after your peel.

I did a 20% salicylic acid peel 4 times this week. The first time I put it on, it was really tingly and uncomfortable. It felt like severely dry skin x 10. I left it on for about 2 minutes. The next day I did it again and it wasn't as bad, I left it on for close to 10 minutes. A couple of days later I left it on for 20 minutes and didn't feel much. The day after that I left it on for an hour or two and barely felt anything. This is a gentler peel. My skin did not actually peel but it did clear up competely. This week was my first time using the product. I'll have pics in my gallery in a day or two.