Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
imjayhawk

Sciton Profractional - Results

I found that several people reported treating their scars with Sciton Profractional laser here in the board 5-6 months ago. If you guys have used this laser, can you please comment on what kind of results you got? It may not necessarily had been good results. What would also be very helpful is if you could describe what kind of scarring you have and also how many treatments you got. Picture would be even better. Thanks!

I had 2 small spot treatments about 1/2 square at most. One spot was treated at 200 last July and repeated again in mid Nov at 400. This area had 4 scarred pores/icepciks that got worse after failed punch flots by Dr. Y.

The otehr spot had only the 1 treatment at 400 in Nov and had 2 small scars. At this point, I am underwhelmed by results, but I need to give it more time. I also think that 200 was too low of a setting. Honestly, have not formed a solid opinion yet, but I know it is not super positive. Easy procedure, but I think it is somewhat ineffective.

Anyone else.

Thanks Billboy!

Hopefully more can comment.

I had 2 small spot treatments about 1/2 square at most. One spot was treated at 200 last July and repeated again in mid Nov at 400. This area had 4 scarred pores/icepciks that got worse after failed punch flots by Dr. Y.

The otehr spot had only the 1 treatment at 400 in Nov and had 2 small scars. At this point, I am underwhelmed by results, but I need to give it more time. I also think that 200 was too low of a setting. Honestly, have not formed a solid opinion yet, but I know it is not super positive. Easy procedure, but I think it is somewhat ineffective.

Anyone else.

My first laser session was with profractional. I saw very minimal results. I have now had three with Sciton microlaser peel which for me has worked significantly better. My scars are a result of a bad chemical burn I got earlier this year. The scarring was deep before and has gone down to moderate and the redness is diminishing. I am also using Tazorac nightly which is helping a bit. I'm about to have my fifth laser session this December and as my doctor had told me I am only half way there and will require another 5 or more treatments. They have a preference for resurfacing my skin slowly because of how bad the burns were. I can wear makeup now and feel better and even the minor ice picks I had only on one side are slowly diminishing (these are the most difficult to get rid of my derm said but they can if they keep going with the treatments).