Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
sirrus

ACV Guide To Get Clear

Sirrus ACV Guide To Clear!!!!

Introduction

Heya! I’m Sirrus (not my real name, i named it after a beer because allot like many people I wouldn’t like to be recognised on an acne website) and i’m here to help and show you how me and many others have managed to get clear skin within a couple of weeks using the Apple Cider Vinegar method (ACV)

Timeline

Bassed on research and other peoples experience I have developed a timeline which will give you a rough indication of what you will experience and when.

Week 1 – Huge improvement to skin and appearance

Week 2 – Very few (if any) new acne

Week 2/3- Breakout time, but a very different breakout compared with using any other method, most people have experienced lots of little red marks, very small pimples and some lucky few do not get the breakout. (this doesn’t matter as I have developed a method of fighting the breakout within 2 days time).

Week 4 – You will notice your skin is more toned, your face looks clear, and skin feels nice and smooth.

The Good

It Works: Yep, it works, and very quickly.

Other Benefits: There are loads more benefits from using the ACV method, not only to clear your acne, but to help you lose weight and I personally have experienced much nicer sleeps.

Price: It is very cheap and affordable, and is available in all major super markets eg: Tesco, ASDA...

Unkown: nobody knows why your buying it, which is a big self conscious bonus!

Other Benefits:

• Reduce sinus infections and sore throats

• Balance high cholesterol

• Cure skin conditions such as acne

• Protect against food poisoning

• Fight allergies in both humans and animals

• Prevent muscle fatigue after exercise

• Strengthen the immune system

• Increase stamina

• Increase metabolism which promotes weight loss

• Improve digestion and cure constipation

• Alleviate symptoms of arthritis and gout

• Prevents bladder stones and urinary tract infections

The Bad

Taste: It tastes horrible, however there are many things you can do to improve this, either by adding orange juice to the ACV or honey.

Smell: It stinks, make sure to use a straw, and only apply to your face at night before going to bed.

LETS GET STARTED

This is a detailed guide explaining how I got clear using the ACV method.

At Night Before Bed

Add 3 teaspoons of ACV to a glass of orange juice (or preferred drink) and drink with a straw to avoid bad breath.

If you have a few patrooding stubborn white heads get a sterile needle and prick them (DO NOT SQUEEZE THEM OUT) just poke a small hole on the surface of each one and apply a small dab of toothpaste to each one. Before going to bed make sure you keep your window open and if its a warm night, put on a fan. (I advise that you wait for the toothpaste to dry fairly hard before going to bed, so if you turn over in your sleep, your pillow wont get messy and its quick and easy to clean up the hard pieces of toothpaste.

The morning

In the morning pick off the remaining toothpaste and if you have a shower, when getting out of the shower pat your face dry gently before using the towel to dry the rest of your body.

Add 4 teaspoons of ACV to a glass of orange juice or preferred drink again and drink with a straw and then brush your teeth.

It is important that you keep this up to get clear and to stay clear.

Mid Day

If your acne is bad and you feel that you might want to speed the process up, please do not go crazy drinking ACV. At the most add 2 teaspoons of ACV to your drink to leave it be.

THE BREAKOUT

A few nights ago I was experimenting with a few things, this will seem very wastefull of the ACV but I found it killed off all my breakout problems in 2 days.

This might stink out your bathroom, so I advise you get permission or have a good air freshener to mask the smell when your done, I also warn you that this could get quite painful.

Have a warm bath, once youve finished your bath, keep the water in the tub, get your bottle of ACV and pour it into your sink (with the plug in of course) let it sit there for a while you wet your face with your bath water, once your face is reasonably wet, get a dolup of toothpaste in your hands and rub it all over your face (If this hurts too much you can skip it, but i found that it speeded the process up by a huge amount.) keep the toothpaste on as long as possible and then wash off in the bath, I find that this opens up all my pours. Now soak your hands in the ACV and rub them all round your face (DO NOT LET IT GO ANYWHERE NEAR YOUR EYES I LEARNT THIS THE HARD WAY) If you do manage to get some round your eye area wash it off in the bath water.

Wait for the ACV to dry and apply some more again and again until youve used up all the ACV in the sink, I applied it to my face on both nights and it took me 5 goes before i couldn’t get any more ACV out of the sink.

Do not wash the ACV off, go to bed now and when you wake up in the morning you should see a huge improvement.

I hope you found this information useful, I will update and alter this guide as i hear suggestion and find out more things.

I’m happy to answer any questions, If you have msn feel free to pm me using this site and I will tell you my MSN address.

GOOD LUCK EVERYBODY!!!

i dont think that telling people to rinse their faces with dirty bath water is a very good idea. sounds kinda gross.

I just realized what I had is nonorganic...I think this is around day 10, but I'm going to stop until I can get organic and then continue again. Read too much about unorganic never working now and it really hasn't done too much.

I just realized what I had is nonorganic...I think this is around day 10, but I'm going to stop until I can get organic and then continue again. Read too much about unorganic never working now and it really hasn't done too much.

is it clear or does it have color to it? I think the most important thing is that the ACV still has the "mother" and most organic ACV's do. It should be yellow/tan, NOT clear. good luck

Also I don't know about the whole toothpaste thing..I think toothpaste used to have an ingredient that was good for acne (maybe baking soda?) but now toothpastes no longer help acne. Also most contain nasty chemicals/fluoride, I wouldn't put that on your skin. If you want to spot treat use something else, BP, tea tree oil, whatever floats your boat.

well i dont know i am going through a friggen awful breakout right now...one of the whole "i dont wanna go out-don't look at me" kind of break outs... and i've been using the ACV for a while now... I did party a little too hard last week what with my 20th bday and all and slept in my make up a couple nights and i also messed up my birth control but frig i am so mad and i am losing faith. my one friend eats disgustingly, sleeps in her make up all the time, never washes her face, and is always messing up her pills. in the 7 years i've known her i think she had 1 zit... and i only remember it cuz she freaked out about it. not faaaiiirrr!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

d0nn13, stick with it, it will get you clear if you follow the guide properly without missing things out, trust me ive had 7 friends that i personally know that have got clear via this method and loads online that claim to have aswell.

Anyways...

Im back from ireland and 2 weeks of not using ACV and here is my advise, dont skip it lol, dont go off it, It seems the best thing to do would be wait untill your hormones have calmed down and then try to use it less and less untill you think its safe to not use it at all.

Well im starting again, this time nuking my face with ACV as well, that time while i was off it my acne came back big style, which wasnt plesant over the xmas period :( ohh well...

Im currently working on a few other tests as well, my chest has got a small patch of acne and because people wont see it im being daring with what i use on it, I'm currently trying out Mr Muscle bathroom toilet wipes XD sounds crazy but its anti bacterial and ive had no side effects yet, other then it itches once wiping my chest acne with it, it has cleared up a little but not much, i will keep going at it to see how it goes, and i might be brave enough to wipe my face if it does.

Hope you all are getting on well with the guide! :D please post picture before starting and then post picture of it working as evidence :)

I've been drinking ACV for several months (not just for skin care either - it's great for replenishing liver glycogen stores post-exercise and elevating fat burning). To everyone having to hold their nose and down shots of pure ACV: you're doing it wrong.

Pure ACV is very strong and will damage your teeth and blister your oesophagus (note: sore throat dude above). Try diluting your ACV dose in a pint glass of water instead, it'll end up tasting not too dissimilar from a cheap champagne. I actually really dig the taste now that I'm used to it. Also, it's much better to sip your ACV throughout the day rather than chugging it all at once, as this will keep pH levels balanced consistently, rather than a sharp spike every 12 hours.

Thanks for sharing that chriswell :)

I find that using it with water doesnt take the tase away enough so I add it to some orange juice and that does the trick for me :)

but I agree, I hear it can be very dangerus to drink pure shots of the stuff also I fear it would make your breath smell pretty bad :P

I wouldn't have believed that drinking ACV, only a spoonful or so a day, would have much effect, but I tried it anyway. I had a small, deep, painful one starting on my face, and a couple of big ones on my back. I had a glass of water with a tablespoon of ACV yesterday, and this morning, I almost couldn't believe it. I couldn't even find the small, painful one on my face because it was gone. The two nasty ones on my back have shrunk noticeably. Pretty amazing stuff.

Say, I was wondering. Just how safe is this for your teeth? I'm guessing it's no worse than drinking Coke, lemonade, or vinaigrette salad dressing if it's diluted, but is tooth decay a possibility?

I will say in a brief search I found that the prevailing dental advice is NOT to brush your teeth for an hour after drinking acidic things, since that will cause more damage by brushing away softened enamel. So I might suggest postponing Sirrus' step of brushing right after drinking. Wait an hour first.

Glad to see its working well for you :) the only difficult thing now is sticking with it, well im finding it difficult... Some people find it easy because they get used to the taste, I'm not though :(

On average people become clear within 3-5 weeks, some lucky few have cleared up within 2 weeks, everybody's skin is different.

Just keep adjusting the amounts you drink and apply untill you find what works for you.

I was amazed to find that applying less to my face was better then applying more, I would wake up the next day to see that my red spots were no longer red and had started to fade away. It seemed to work more quickly if I used a little less than I was already using.

I think its best to experiment with this, altering and adjusting till you find what works for you.

Going to start this today. I will keep progress posted here and keep you guys up to date. Wish me luck :D

edit: I just took my first glass of ACV, did 3.5 tea spoons with some strawberry juice, and I really didn't taste anything at all, no bad taste nothing.

edit: I taste I have a really bad breath now :whistle:

I've been doing this for 3 weeks now.

I just had a bit of a breakout, nothing disastrous but there were a few on my neck/throat, and one on my temple...which i find really odd because I never usually get zits there (purging?)

It seems that applying acv topically first makes pimples bigger and more painful, then after a couple days they get harder and eventually go away or turn into dead skin that can be carefully peeled off...any thoughts on this?

Also, is there any proof of this so-called 'purging'?

Sirrus do you still have to use the ACV and/or other things topically to stay clear or does the ACV internally keep you clear?

Thanks

I still use ACV, and nothing more, its very important to stick with it, other the xmas period i didnt use any ACV for a week and my acne came back instantly, as soon as i got home again after the week in ireland i got back on ACV.

I learned that the second time using ACV i cleared up much faster then the first time, so maybe after a year or two, I dont know.

Best thing I ever did for my skin. I love it.

Nice to hear it worked well for you :)

Going to start this today. I will keep progress posted here and keep you guys up to date. Wish me luck :D

edit: I just took my first glass of ACV, did 3.5 tea spoons with some strawberry juice, and I really didn't taste anything at all, no bad taste nothing.

edit: I taste I have a really bad breath now :whistle:

Haha youll get used to it, keep an eye on that bad breath though, make sure you eat plenty of mints.

I've been doing this for 3 weeks now.

I just had a bit of a breakout, nothing disastrous but there were a few on my neck/throat, and one on my temple...which i find really odd because I never usually get zits there (purging?)

It seems that applying acv topically first makes pimples bigger and more painful, then after a couple days they get harder and eventually go away or turn into dead skin that can be carefully peeled off...any thoughts on this?

Also, is there any proof of this so-called 'purging'?

This is very normal, almost everyone experiences a massive change in there acne location, I dont know why this is. Its the same with the peeling, I got this and so did a few other people, just peel away and enjoy life :D

It sounds like your on the last stages of acne, most people find that after this there acne seems to stop appearing, but keep with it once it has gone, because it will always keep trying to come back.

I've never herd of "Purging"? What is it?

On a positive note, I've been drinking ACV for 3 days now, and just when I started I had a wickedly sore throat, was worried that a terrible cold was coming on. However, its all gone now...maybe the ACV had something (or alot) to do with it.

yea ACV is very very good for sore throats! it zapped mine out after a couple gargles and swallows of it half diluted with water

i take acv sometimes. i have slowed down a lot for some reason. but i have been using it topically with tea tree oil and so far it has worked wonders and has really simplified my routine. just make sure if you are taking it internally, you are drinking organic, raw, unfiltered (i get a brand called Braggs) tis some good stuff. if you put a little bit in a big glass of water it tastes just fine

By 'purging' I just meant that initial breakout...damn these zits just do not want to go away. Lets hope this is the last main breakout...I can deal with the occasional pimple but I really need to start focusing on red marks/scarring.