Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
bennyb

post accutane redness and scars

I finished a 6 month course of accutane about a month and a half ago, and my skin is still very red and very sensitive to the cold. How long does this last? Also what is the best way to go for scar (pock mark) removal?

I finished a 6 month course of accutane about a month and a half ago, and my skin is still very red and very sensitive to the cold. How long does this last? Also what is the best way to go for scar (pock mark) removal?

There's a lot of ways to get rid of your scars "depends on the scars"; lasers, chemical peels, dermabrasion (You have to wait at least 6 months post tane to do any procedure=I lied and only waited two months) . I did dermabrasion-cost me about 2 grand. You have to pick the plastic surgeon carefully. It healed faster then I thought. I felt that it also got rid of the discoloration as well. The redness from accutane will go away, at least for me it did-it took months, but for the coldness I have know idea-my skin has always felt dry "even when oily" and tight and more easily irritated after the tane. I have always felt better in a humid climate after using it. I can recommend Guam.

There's a lot of ways to get rid of your scars "depends on the scars"; lasers, chemical peels, dermabrasion (You have to wait at least 6 months post tane to do any procedure=I lied and only waited two months) . I did dermabrasion-cost me about 2 grand. You have to pick the plastic surgeon carefully. It healed faster then I thought. I felt that it also got rid of the discoloration as well. The redness from accutane will go away, at least for me it did-it took months, but for the coldness I have know idea-my skin has always felt dry "even when oily" and tight and more easily irritated after the tane. I have always felt better in a humid climate after using it. I can recommend Guam.

How did your skin react after only two months? Accutane killed my face and left its rotten corpse on my face. I had no problem with scarring or red marks before tane but now my face looks like a WWI battlefield. Thus I'm dying to do some kind of procedure but it has only been ~9 months since I got off the medicine. My derm said I have to wait for a year.