Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
rckless

Those of you using Retin-A Micro for acne and acne marks with some success

Hi, I started using Retin-A Micro 0.04% for about 2 months already and I noticed a big change with my acne scars. Although I am not sure if it's just time doing it's job because I never bothered to monitor how my skin heals since I never had a bad acne breakout till now. But anyways the acne marks are still visible but fading, I was wondering to those of you who have success with RAM, how long did it take for your marks to completely disappear or about non existent? I heard it was about 6 months so I was wondering if I should just relax and keep on using it. Thanks!

hey I am also using retin-a micro, but I have only been using it for about a month and a half. I was just wondering... how long did it take before you just had to deal with redmarks and not active acne? I still have a lot of active acne, on top of the redmarks that are forming, and it's very frustrating.

Because I am behind you i can't really answer your question. But a few years ago I was breaking out horrible, and had to go on an antibiotic. Once the active acne stopped, I would say it took about two months for the marks to fad considerably. And i think with RAM it actually speeds up the rate at which your red marks fade.

I'm on my 11th week of Retin-A. During the first 2-6 weeks, I experienced the WORST breakout of my life.

Thankfully, 99% of it is healed but I'm left with a face full of redmarks. I did a bit of research and found that the marks can last anywhere from 6 months to 2 years (2 years being the absolute worst-case). The good news is that being on a retinoid, the redmarks will fade faster because your skin is turning over so quickly.

An interesting tid bit: I read that the red marks are actually broken capilaries due to the pore being traumatized by the inflammation. It takes longer for these capilaries to be absorbed into the blood stream, which is why the red marks take so long to fade.

My red marks are fading rather quickly. I hope to have them pretty well faded by March, but it might take longer. And I can deal with these inactive red marks MUCH better than the IB! That was horrible.