Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
GoldRex

Rave: Professional Solutions 100% hyaluronic acid serum

demi-update:

I think only 1-2 drops of this serum may be necessary, not the three I outlined before. Again, I just spread it onto my blotted face when I'm fresh out of the shower.

Yes James, I fabricated the whole thing because I have nothing better to do. =; Like I alluded to in my earlier post, some folks may be skeptical of HA and its purported effects - apparently you are one of them. But I certainly do not appreciate being insulted essentially; I am no liar. You can choose to believe or not that my scars have filled in completely; it is inconsequential to me. I simply wanted to relate my experience to other posters who may be interested. Lastly, I explicitly stated twice that I was doing other stuff to my skin (e.g. oral supplements, Retin A, positive thinking) in addition to the HA and that I was not 100% certain my progress was wholly attributable to HA. It was simply my BELIEF. Then again, these other supplements and Retin A are oral and topical agents, respectively - both of which you suggest have zilch significant effect on acne scarring, i.e. are incapable of filling in scars. So what the heck then is going on?

"If so, this would be the first time in the history of acne scarring that that has happened due to a topical, or oral agent."

Perhaps I should submit my name to the Guinness Book of World Records then, eh? - LOL I highly doubt that I am the first person who this has happened to, nor shall I be the last. I sincerely wish you all the best with your scarring, James.

They have almost filled in completely!  My skin feels and looks as smooth as a baby's bum again!

hey folks,

If I remember clearly, didn't Maya's fellow student dramatically improve her scarring by using vinegar topically and lemon juice orally?

Perhaps she is already in the book of world records!

mimi smile.gif

Yep that's right. But I don't think that was her student though. Classmate?

The lemon is use to help flush out the harmful toxins from our body which might lead to eventual breakouts. The vinegar method is proving to be quite effective for many, but not as quick as some purport HA to be. Probably different results too.

I use Spenco 2nd Skin Quick Heal on my face sometimes. It has a decent % of hyaluronic acid and it helps keep the skin moist and plump, and that minimises the appearance of shallow scars. For me scars always look better early in the morning (almost invisible) and start becoming more visible as the day goes by. I think hyaluronic maintains that "morning look" by keeping the skin really well hydrated. So, yes, it does seem miraculous, though it doesnt do anything to the acutal scar in terms of collagen rebuilding etc.

Guest Tracy

High Plains:

I went to my local GNC to find the HA product you recommended, but they don't carry it there. I also tried to find it online and the only thing that comes up is a product for canines by that name. Are you certain that is the name of it??

Also, most HA products (oral) that i've found online only contain about 50 mgs of HA....one contained 70 mgs. And you're product comes in capsules with 500 mgs? Could you check your bottle and make certain of the name brand for me??

Thanks,

Tracy

High Plains:

I went to my local GNC to find the HA product you recommended, but they don't carry it there.  I also tried to find it online and the only thing that comes up is a product for canines by that name.  Are you certain that is the name of it??

Also, most HA products (oral) that i've found online only contain about 50 mgs of HA....one contained 70 mgs.  And you're product comes in capsules with 500 mgs?  Could you check your bottle and make certain of the name brand for me?? 

Thanks,

Tracy

Hi everybody,

I saw that julie on perfectcomplexion.net has a hyaloronicacid product for $49,99 (1 oz.) Anyone tried this? I have tried another HA-gel for some years ago and it didn't do anything for my scars but it temporary plumped them up!!! So I hope that julie's "pure hyaloronic" does the same...

Annette

If I remember clearly, didn't Maya's fellow student dramatically improve her scarring by using vinegar topically and lemon juice orally?

Okay, I really want this. I'm always very interested in HA. In fact, I can't wait to start taking oral HA. It was going to be the first oral supplement I add in my routine. I'm only adding one thing at a time so I can tell what is working or not. I'm pretty sure I'm done with the breakouts thanks to tazorac, so I'm ready to rock and roll.

Just a few questions.

Angelina what other supplements do you take, and what dosage?By the way, congrats on your progress smile.gif

Goldrex: Why do you still use the Amino plex spray?

Ha ha!! The great rock n roller has made it to this thread! :lol:

I've still got a 6 month stash of HA capsules in my secret cupboard biggrin.gif I'm going to start taking them after my second liver flush. I think my liver is too congested to be able to make good use of them right now. I can't wait!!!

Ha ha!! The great rock n roller has made it to this thread!  :lol: 

I've still got a 6 month stash of HA capsules in my secret cupboard  biggrin.gif  I'm going to start taking them after my second liver flush. I think my liver is too congested to be able to make good use of them right now. I can't wait!!!

I'm pretty skeptical about this product as well since there is no information on it on the web other than those 2 websites that were given.

But I'm gonna try this anyway since I have $25 burning a hole in my wallet and see how it goes. I'll post results after first application since its supposed to have immediate benefits.

I kinda get the feeling this stuff is gonna be like the Hydroderm that was all over the internet and spam emails a while ago. Absolutely nothing to speak of in terms of results whatsoever. But we'll see.

Bryan

Maya I'm laughing hysterically. I can hardly type! I don't even know where to start it's so funny.

1) You have a \"secret cupboard.\"  :lol: Too cute.

2) You have a 6 month \"stash\" of HA.  biggrin.gif 

3) \"after my second liver flush\" smile.gif

4) \"my liver is too congested\"

5) \"I can't wait!\"  =D> 

I can't imagine how much left over stuff you have =P~ In the event of a nuclear war, you probably have enough scar treatments to last a while. 

You have a \"scar shelter\" biggrin.gif

LOL!!! It's true Emma .... now, in the event of nuclear war... a few select individuals will be able to hide out at my place until there is an all clear ........emmerge with a clean liver, a gallstone necklace, and gorgeous skin. 

Not really sure why I applied the napca over it. Maybe because it's cheap, and I've come to trust the spray so much (no breakouts whatsoever).

I also feel that the aloe vera in it helps with healing.

autom8ed: It's true that it may stop working for me. This is only my second day. Who knows-- maybe I'll get a rash of cysts from it?