Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
luvskincare13

whats my problem?

I have been here now for about a year obsessing about my skin and driving myself crazy. Posted photos of myself to get your opinions and wondering if I showed my skin in light that would make them apparent. I sometimes think my scarring is not so bad and it seems like you guys agree. But then I will see pitures like The Legends and at first think he has no scarring to then see more photos were they are apparent and then I wonder did I show photos of only my skin looking good. It's like in some lights like normal lighting in the bathroom or outside I don't notice much but in extreme lighting differences I think it looks severe. This is just making me feel crazy. I really want to improve my skin if it looks bad in general. But I tend to get pigment problems and I do not want to waste money if this is just in my head as far as the severity but I don't want to walk around thinking my skin looks fine if in reality it looks bad. I don't want you guys to think I am the girl who goes to jenny craig crying because I want to lose 5 pounds but I don't know if my eyes are tricking me or this is pretty bad. I swear my skin is becoming so blurred in my eyes that I start thinking that I may have scarring like the legend, morethanaface,or more mild like bloodpollutestruth, or simply laura. I decided to post photos of my skin with the flash off in extreme lighting differences and a photo that reveals my identity because I need the whole picture shown not just bits and pieces so you see it as I do to be able to make a comment. I am so sorry if this is getting old to you guys. I just feel bad and confused. I know I have scarring I just have no idea how bad it looks to the outside world. Asking others without scarring is like pointless. THIS IS IT though with my pictures because I am either going to do something or stop crying about it. So if your skin looked like this would you see it as moderate to severe? Anyone on this board you think my skin might be comparable too that I could look at? By the way I have no makeup on and I look like complete hell. I wasn't trying to look glamouros. Just getting to the point. Thanks you guys. After this though I am not returning to this board because although it's a wonderful and helpful place to get info, I think it's making me more anxious and I need to stop focusing on it so much for my sanity!!! But with all honesty is it mild scarring, moderate scarring, or extensive scarring? Thanks for your honesty. I am tired now damn.

hi again...

i think you have enlarged pores...and maybe very mild scaring...but try to use aha...it works for me, especially for my hyper pigmentation...i also use oil free products a lot..

you are not crazy...dont worry...i always acre about my skin, too...first thing i do when i get up every morning is to check my face...i care about lighting...

we are in the same boat...org member won't judge you, because you are self conscious about your skin... i got a lot of great advice from them...and i learn a lot from this site... ;)

try aha...and oil free product... :)

I feel the same way, crazy like I wish I could go into other people's bodies and view myself to know how I really look. Your scarring is very mild imo. :)

With the exception of the scar by your temple everything is very shallow and i wouldnt even notice it in person. You dont seem to have that many either. Plus it looks like you have very even skin tone. Looks good to me, mabye a 2 or 3 outta 10 in severity.

jackiey, you do have mild NOTICEABLE scarring and the one scar on your temple is especially prominent. You also have large noticeable pores.

The fact is,scarring almost always looks worse as you age ( especially your pores). I know I've gone through it myself and have read information over the years to know that almost everyone goes through it.

I have had opportunities to have Co2 laser treatment, Fraxel, filler injections ect. and after reading endless info on them I chose not to go that route. They usually don't work well for most people. Although there a some who are help a great deal but this is a small percentage. There are also great negatives associated with some of those things I listed.

Dermarolling is the only thing I have read that will make a positive difference with most people. Provided a plan is set out and followed. It's a slow process but one that leads to positive progress.

Some of the positives are.... it slowly builds your skin through new collagen formation from deep in the dermis to the top of the epidermis, unlike the quick fix claims of laser treatments in general.

You can follow a dermarolling routine for relatively small costs and you get to control the time of when you perform a session. This makes it extremely convenient around a person schedule. the down time is relatively short.It's very safe provided that attention is paid to keep the area and instruments clean.

I personally have been rolling for a couple of months now. Between the use of the roller and certain topical I can tell you my skin has been looking great. My scars a less noticeable. My pores are smaller and less clogged. The overall look of my skin is tight and healthy.

Try not to let yourself get worked up too much. Remember there are many people here willing to lend a hand with support and advise.

Best of luck!

To me your skin looks good. Sure, it's not picture perfect...but perfection is rather boring.

If I had your skin I would probably be a different person, I would feel confident enough to date and flirt and do all that social stuff that everyone else talks about!

However, I'm not gonna sit here and type a bunch of lines about how you're lucky and in comparison my skin is horrible.... All I'm gonna tell you is this: If you decide to do anything to your skin, don't choose any harsh treatments or anything that poses risk. Your skin is much better than what you think it is.

And stop with all the different lighting settings. Under harsh light, perfect and near perfect skin often looks bad.