Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

I have this friend, she is a girl, and she has acne. She is real nice and all but I think she struggles with her acne. She never says anything about it but since I have acne I know what it's like. She has to put tons of makeup on herself to cover it up.

So i want to help her out and tell her about this site. But how do I go about doing it? I mean I cant just tell her straight up to go to acne.org and clear your face. Kinda rude and embarrassing for her. So how should i go about doing it? Should I anonymously send her something? She doesnt have severe acne just mild to moderate. I think this place could really help.

thanks in advance for your advice!

This shouldn't be hard; you have acne too. Just randomly at the right time during casual talk say something like "Gees, I hate my freaking acne." while you feel a zit on your face or something, and then it's easy to say "Oh...btw, I read about ---- on Acne.org...blah blah" and I heard --- helps and so on....

But yeah, I agree it would be extremely embarrassing to bring it up any other way, plus it will be a lot less embarrassing if you do it this way since you have acne too and all of it would be leaning on you since you are talking about YOUR acne.

omg be really careful. girl's feelings can get hurt really easily believe me! i agree with tth kind of. Don't just say acne.org helps. ok here is what to say. be like "i hate my pimples, i went to this site acne.org tho and it has sooo much information gah im so happy. i wish i had nice skin like you, then i wouldnt have to worry about it (smile) :)"

omg be really careful. girl's feelings can get hurt really easily believe me! i agree with tth kind of. Don't just say acne.org helps. ok here is what to say. be like "i hate my pimples, i went to this site acne.org tho and it has sooo much information gah im so happy. i wish i had nice skin like you, then i wouldnt have to worry about it (smile) :)"

yea i agree especially since some of us are are already like emotional due to acne and itd make it worst trust me its like when people say 'why dont you use proactive' or 'you should use proactive' or some comment like that it still makes you feel bad even though people try to help .

But then that kinda defeats the purpose of giving her the urge to clear her face and finding something that works, isn't it?

yea i agree especially since some of us are are already like emotional due to acne and itd make it worst trust me its like when people say 'why dont you use proactive' or 'you should use proactive' or some comment like that it still makes you feel bad even though people try to help .

AHH, I've had that happen. I HATE ProActiv with a passion and when somebody said that to me I wanted to freak out on them, but I kept my cool and just said "That stuff is complete shit, trust me."

hmmm i have acne but its real mild and compared to hers...I think it would be worse if i said something about my acne and related that to hers cuz hers is much worse!

should I secretly send an email under a unknown name with a fake ad about acne.org?

OH i didnt know ur acne was less then hers, i thought it was worse. sorry. hmm then.... yea you could send her an email fake ad thing....just make sure it looks real, cause if she finds out u sent it that would be the worse thing ever.

but definately dont say anything about acne to her face that would be to embarrasing

i think the fake email will work better...but maybe she knows this site already...who knows...but dont tell her about it face to face...it will surely hurts her..even though she won't show it...

i am a girl..and i am very sensitive about other people talk about acne...once my friend told me to try some oil free products...and i got so hurt by that...even though i knew she was just trying to help me...i felt embarrassed...and wanted to hide somewhere...

you are very nice friend...! she is very lucky to have you..! :angel:

For the latter, talking about acne product advertising might be a way to let her know about Acne.org without embarrassing her. Maybe you watch TV together sometimes, and if a Proactiv or Neutrogena ad comes on, you can say something like, "Those kits are such a rip-off. I've tried the stuff from Acne.org and it's so much better at getting rid of my acne and isn't overpriced because they don't have to pay Jessica Simpson millions of dollars." Or maybe you IM each other and you say something similar about acne advertising on webpages, like about how annoying all those ads are for fake products like anti-acne lollipops on facebook. I think this sort of discussion is better when you frame it as "acne sucks, people trying to sell you garbage suck, this is what I do" rather than "this is what you should do".

Nahhhh I've been in this situation before.

It's easy. I did this the other week with my friend that has pretty bad acne, worse than mine :/ , and she said she'd go onto the site and look into it.

Basically it went like this -

"Hahaha, so I was on acne.org the other day, this site for acne...obviously, and the funniest thing happened... (insert funny story here. you could even make up one. Lol ;D Or tell her something about it. How it helped you, etc. ) "

Friend : "Acne.org? ...Hmmm...sounds interesting, (blahblah etc,)"

"Yeah! It's awesome it's helped me alot to get a regimen to help me out with my break outs, and to get info on the stuff i'm taking and everything. The guy that owns the site even sells products that work really well,..."

Friend: ":o !!!!!!! IM GONNA CHECK IT OUT!"

and then we just kept talking about acne and how we hate it, etc. Hahaha. But it ended up being a nice conversation, because we could relate with each other. It brought us somewhat closer. :)

I think the fake e-mail would just be too...I don't know, over the top. :/ Just my opinion though.

leave her be. Dont observe her acne anymore or make it obvious you notice it. She is most likely affect by it but would rather believe people dont notice it too much. Compliment her and leave it be.

1. dont send it to her in an email!! that will hurt more than anything to think that a stranger is making fun of her acne!

2. finding this site doesnt necessairly mean she will find a way to cure her acne.... it just might help with new ideas and trying new things

if you want to bring up this website... just talk about YOU and something interesting you read... dont suggest that she goes to this site... if she is interested... then she will do it on her own. Just have a general conversation so she knows it exists.

It's very kind of you to care so much about your friend that you want to help. I admire and respect that so much.

hmmm i have acne but its real mild and compared to hers...I think it would be worse if i said something about my acne and related that to hers cuz hers is much worse!

OMG, haha, I know!!! Proactiv has so much marketing nowadays that people who don't know jack about acne tend to recommend it. It's so frustrating when people try to help even though they don't know where to begin - it just makes us feel worse. It's like duh - I wouldn't still have acne if proactiv worked.

They even have a giant proactiv vending machine at my local movie theater!! Who would want to be caught buying proactiv at a movie theater when everyone can see you? And it's not discrete either - it's a giant super flourescent-lit, w/ tv screen machine that takes up half the wall.

She will read this thread.

^^^ That is what I would worry about although maybe it would be gone by then. If you want to go to an extreme buy a billboard space for like a month and just have it say www.acne.org. It would be expensive as hell and she may never see it but you may impact her or someone else's life in a good way.

Easy.

Tell her how you are wondering when your stuff will come in the mail.

Be like: "I just ordered blah blah blah from Acne.org, I hope it gets here before I run out."

She'll ask some question about it, and you just have to take it from there.

If your skin is better than hers, it may interest her in finding out more about the stuff.

They even have a giant proactiv vending machine at my local movie theater!! Who would want to be caught buying proactiv at a movie theater when everyone can see you? And it's not discrete either - it's a giant super flourescent-lit, w/ tv screen machine that takes up half the wall.

That's hilarious! Maybe they buy it when everyone's in the movie? Or is it like, "I'd like some soda, popcorn, oh yeah and don't forget the zit cream."

Oh gawd!!! I wouldn't even mention it because then she'll get self insecured like ' Is my makeup really that noticable'??? Is my acne really THAT bad to get mentioned by someone... also i would totally get defensive even if u were trying to help because its like going up to someone and be like' You're fat you should go on INSERT IGNORE DIET PILL WEBSITE HERE'

If she DID want to talk about dont u think she would have already

Oh gawd!!! I wouldn't even mention it because then she'll get self insecured like ' Is my makeup really that noticable'??? Is my acne really THAT bad to get mentioned by someone... also i would totally get defensive even if u were trying to help because its like going up to someone and be like' You're fat you should go on INSERT IGNORE DIET PILL WEBSITE HERE'

If she DID want to talk about dont u think she would have already

You can bring stuff up to people without upsetting them. If the friend is that insecure maybe zilong could mention acne.org to his/her friend's mom or dad. If anything, the girl's parents will be able to help her out.

I liken it to going shopping. A friend wouldn't tell me I look great if what I'm wearing makes me look like Free Willy.

there are some people i just wanna tell about acne.org. i love this site and i want them to benefit from it like me. I thought about slipping a note in a friend of mines coat or something. with simple acne.org. he'd never know who did it..maybe you should slip it in her coat/purse..or be like well i hate my acne. im thinking about joining this site...blah blah