Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Starlite

Scarring seems worse post-Needling???

Hello all,

I tried needling a week ago because I heard such good reviews on this board for it in the treatment of pitted scarring. Now that the scabs have come off, however, some of the pitted scars seem wider in diameter than before. Is this normal? I wonder if I made the scars worse, or if the scar tissue sort of collapsed/spread. Does anyone have an idea?

Thanks!!!

needled or derma rolled?? either way just be patient. I did some needling and the same thing has happened. I am just going to be patient and it will improve. takes time. since I did mine before you, if it improves before yours I will let you know so you can know what to expect.

needled or derma rolled?? either way just be patient. I did some needling and the same thing has happened. I am just going to be patient and it will improve. takes time. since I did mine before you, if it improves before yours I will let you know so you can know what to expect.

Thank you! I needled, jackhammering the individual scars. I know it's only been a week and I expect to see gradual improvement, I was just surprised that a couple of them doubled in diameter!

Thank you! I needled, jackhammering the individual scars. I know it's only been a week and I expect to see gradual improvement, I was just surprised that a couple of them doubled in diameter!

so was I. but these things always tend to get worse before they get better. I am just sitting back and waiting to see how it plays out. Like I said, I will keep you posted. no worries.. ;)

hey guys,

could you please give an update on this issue?

I have the same problem and i dont know if i should continue...

Hey everyone,

I needled several spots on one side of my face (2 separate needling sessions) with diabetic needles about a year ago- and it made the scars more depressed and noticeable. I mainly needled smaller rolling scars, no icepicks.

In the needled spots, a more obvious (on the surface) scar tissue formed it seems.

... if I had known that needling was going to do this I wouldn't have needled :(

So be careful, I'm not sure if the reward is worth the risk for some people, especially considering needling doesn't offer a great deal of improvement even when it does work.