Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
AcneSpent

Milk reaction??

I always wandered if the dairy diet would actually help clear my face. Well i havent drank milk in over a week and a half, and over that period i am almost 100% clear. I was one of those people who tried all the products to no avail. i have also been using apple cider vineger orally and topically and it has done wonders with reducing redness and evening my tone out. i just ordered the pill form because i hated the taste. I think the milk was overproducing hormones in my body and causing me to produce too much oil and thus breaking out. so all of you who try again and agian with different products and methods, try the milk/dairy diet(i only cut out milk) and see what results you get. :dance:

Hmmm... I am going to give this a try, I drink at least 2 glasses of milk per day, hahaha. Thanks for this, I've heard before that vinegar works as well. :) Congratulations, too!

well i cut out just mostly milk itself, i have been eating dairy and i ate a pizza the other day with alot of cheese and i think i had a mild breakout from that. idk though.. the acv pills actually seem to not work as well as mixing the liquid in water. i think its because the liquid gives a more immediate effect and gets in my system more efficiently. also i have been stressed due to finals being this week. wow so many things that are just waiting to flare me back up... :unsure:

Milk has been positively associated to acne btw, not the case for everything but they have found trends... the more people drank milk, the higher their chance of having acne.

its been so hard to stay away from most dairy, as it is usually the biggest part of my diet. but im sticking with it and so far i have better skin than i have had in a while. i have been using the skin perfection md and decided that only the cleanser and hyrdating lotion are useful. the rest is junk. i think my skin has a negative reaction using SA, but deals well with BP and glycolic acid