Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
sverd

My growth stunted by accutane? :(

I was on accutane 2 years ago for less than 2 months and I haven't grown a cm since then. Now I don't think I was growing much anymore since I had finished most of it a few years before but I was 16 and a half and was always taller than the people in my age groups. Now that I'm 18 I've watched as people my age who I used to be taller than outgrown me. I'm 5'11.5 but was always projected to be somewhere above 6 feet. I've grown like 2 cm since I was 15. Pretty disheartening stuff. It didn't start bothering me until recently when I got an xray of my wrist and my growth plate was completely shut. Since then this is on my mind constantly. I know that its too late but that just makes this feeling worse.

So I guess I wanted to know if anyone has ever grown after taking it.

Can understand you're upset, but just wanted to say that 5 11.5 is actually not a bad height for a guy. I think its actually above average ...

Can understand you're upset, but just wanted to say that 5 11.5 is actually not a bad height for a guy. I think its actually above average ...

It is, and furthermore you'll never be able to tell whether Accutane stunted your growth. It is actually more probable that you were just finished growing naturally, and taking Accutane coincided with this.

Well 5 11.5 is a good height, most guys are around this height or 6 ft anyway. Maybe accutane did or did not stunt your growth but I don't see it as a problem anyway since you are already so tall and I'm speaking from someone who is 4 11- me. Seriously I'm jealous and no accutane did not stunt my growth cos I took it when I was 20 years old.

It is, and furthermore you'll never be able to tell whether Accutane stunted your growth. It is actually more probable that you were just finished growing naturally, and taking Accutane coincided with this.

I don't know. Before I took accutane at 13 I was one of the tallest kids at middle school. After taking it I haven't grown at all and suddenly all the short kids are now taller than me wth?

damnit! i used to be the kid who got picked first for bball! LMAO

I don't know. Before I took accutane at 13 I was one of the tallest kids at middle school. After taking it I haven't grown at all and suddenly all the short kids are now taller than me wth?

damnit! i used to be the kid who got picked first for bball! LMAO

It has been proven to affect bone growth. It has been shown to stop bone growth.

Musculoskeletal

skeletal hyperostosis, calcification of tendons and ligaments, premature epiphyseal closure, decreases in bone mineral density (see WARNINGS: Skeletal), musculoskeletal symptoms (sometimes severe) including back pain, myalgia, and arthralgia (see PRECAUTIONS: Information for Patients), transient pain in the chest (see PRECAUTIONS: Information for Patients), arthritis, tendonitis, other types of bone abnormalities, elevations of CPK/rare reports of rhabdomyolysis (see PRECAUTIONS: Laboratory Tests).

or read the whole article here http://www.druglib.com/druginfo/accutane/side-effects/

It has been proven to affect bone growth. It has been shown to stop bone growth.

or read the whole article here http://www.druglib.com/druginfo/accutane/side-effects/

for gods sakes, accutane literally seems to have every side effect known to man kind.

Forget it. I'll keep the appointment I made on Monday for accutane but I don't think i'll go on accutane. I'm paranoid in the way I literally think all the side effects will happen to me. My mum lost her hair when she went on one medication (not accutane) and i'm afraid I might be prone to it too, amongst all other side effects :(

Musculoskeletal

skeletal hyperostosis, calcification of tendons and ligaments, premature epiphyseal closure, decreases in bone mineral density (see WARNINGS: Skeletal), musculoskeletal symptoms (sometimes severe) including back pain, myalgia, and arthralgia (see PRECAUTIONS: Information for Patients), transient pain in the chest (see PRECAUTIONS: Information for Patients), arthritis, tendonitis, other types of bone abnormalities, elevations of CPK/rare reports of rhabdomyolysis (see PRECAUTIONS: Laboratory Tests).

Okay I have a question, since taking it I don't think Ive really grown much in height but my face has changed. My jaw grew and is still growing today. Also my face looks different than it did then, so I'm sure it developed in other ways too. Does this make it less likely that accutane effected my growth or is it irrelevant do you think?

Honestly if I could be sure accutane didn't have an effect I could rest peacefully, but otherwise the regret is just eating me up. I have obsessive compulsive tendencies. I just saw that list of side effects and thats crazy how many there are.