Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Glennart

CLEAR SKIN FAST 100%

Nice man. So what does your diet regime consist of?

Thanks.

About 80-90% of what I eat is red meat and butter. Other foods include various dairy products, some seafood, a little white rice or a piece of fruit. I take no supplements. I avoid polyunsaturated fats like the plague.

I avoid all forms of products on my face and body, including shampoo, perfume etc. I only wash once a day in the shower with water.

I try to go to bed early and have a good nights sleep.

That's about it.

Eating a low carb diet based on meat seems do clear acne.

I went from eating a typical western diet to this and my acne cleared.

Wow man... Great improvement.

I must ask you though... did you start the diet at the same time you started washing "all naturally"?

Not to rain on your parade, but I don't think your diet has to be so extreme. the natural cleansing with a moderately controlled diet may do the trick just the same.

I'm just looking out for you. 90% meat cannot be good for you. Yes, our ancestors ate meat, but they also had all sorts of grains, berries, fruits, etc. 90% meat is going to kill your kidneys (and also make you "sh!t bricks"... literally).

I would adopt some carbs/healthy fats into your diet (maybe 50%). This includes brown rice, oatmeal, nuts, and more fruits and vegges (all of which should have a minimal impact on inflammation when moderated)

Also, how long have you been on this diet?

Chao,

A Knee

:D

I am doing keto now as well, but not as meat heavy as you, but is still going great.

Wondering what you do about alcohol if you drink, I'm gonna be rushing a frat next semester, aka a lot of carbs from beer... probably. :|

I must ask you though... did you start the diet at the same time you started washing "all naturally"?

I have washed with water only before I started the diet. I dont find not using products clears my skin, its just that products have just made it worse or had no effect.

Not to rain on your parade, but I don't think your diet has to be so extreme. the natural cleansing with a moderately controlled diet may do the trick just the same.

I have to eat an extreme diet. I have done extensive testing on what kind of food is problematic for my skin. A meat based diet is the only thing that clears it.

I'm just looking out for you. 90% meat cannot be good for you. Yes, our ancestors ate meat, but they also had all sorts of grains, berries, fruits, etc. 90% meat is going to kill your kidneys (and also make you "sh!t bricks"... literally).

Its advice like this that keep people from having success with their diets. The balanced diet is a myth created by the food industri. Meat will not make you shit bricks. In fact this diet has not only halted my acne. It has cured my IBS.

Also, how long have you been on this diet?

About two years now.

:D

I am doing keto now as well, but not as meat heavy as you, but is still going great.

Wondering what you do about alcohol if you drink, I'm gonna be rushing a frat next semester, aka a lot of carbs from beer... probably. :|

Heya!

The safest bet IMO is pure booze like vodka and such along with water. Beer is alot better than addative laden drink blends etc. Unless you are sensitive to gluten then I would avoid beer or drink a gluten free beer, like Corona.

wow thats improvement any topical creams or anything?

Thanks!

None whatsoever. Just water once a day.

I also touch my face as much as I want.

Purely amazing, Glein!

Have you taken a metabolic typing test to determine that you are a strong protein type, or did you just kind of start eating meat and noticed that you cleared from it?

Won't be long before I'm posting similar pictures as yours.

And what's even more astonishing is that my acne looked EXACTLY like yours.

"metabolic typing" is bullshit.

Glennart, how do you know you didn't outgrow acne? This gains even more weight considering how long you've been on this diet.

PS: congrats, looks much better now indeed.

Purely amazing, Glein!

Have you taken a metabolic typing test to determine that you are a strong protein type, or did you just kind of start eating meat and noticed that you cleared from it?

Won't be long before I'm posting similar pictures as yours.

And what's even more astonishing is that my acne looked EXACTLY like yours.

Thanks!

I actually have that book "The metabolic typing diet". Im supposedly a protein type. I do not put much trust in metabolic typing. In the end trail and error works best.

I just started eating meat and butter all day long and it worked. I eat a little more carbs these days in the form of white rice and I seem to do fine with that.Like 50 g per day. Some days none. I avoid brown rice sine it has too much fiber to be healthy.

Good luck!

Glennart, how do you know you didn't outgrow acne?

Thanks man.

I know that because I still get breakouts from eating certain foods!

If I were to eat them daily my skin would soon look like a battlefield again. This includes many fruits, certain vegetables (yes it is true vegetables can be bad for you!). Nuts are probably the worst for me and causes painful nodules after one or two days.

Perhaps my age plays a role in my healing but I honestly think that I would still have severe acne and alot worse scarring today If I had not changed my diet. I think my diet has allowed my scars to heal more rapidly compared to a regular diet. I notice now that acne, small wounds and cuts heal more properly and leave less scarring and redness than before. I have also noticed other improvements with my skin such such as less brittle skin around the nails. Less birthmarks.

Excellent work, glenn.

This is one more example, that shows that the metabolic typing approach is the way to go!

I'm interested in the same question that SoCold asked: Did you have your metabolic type tested or did you just experiment and find out that meat is good for you?

Metabolic typing is not another diet, but basically takes into consideration all diets (low carb, high protein,...) that exist. Since we are all different biochemically, we also need different foods. Metabolic typing determins the exact ratio of carbs, proteins and fats that your body needs.

I've noticed that a lot of really excellent nutritionist, like JJ Virgin, Paul Chek or David Vaughan all use Metabolic Typing. - They've had success with it over decades.

So don't just start eating veggies,fruits, rice or whatever you think is healthy in crazy amounts, but have a look at metabolic typing!

Thanks.

About 80-90% of what I eat is red meat and butter. Other foods include various dairy products, some seafood, a little white rice or a piece of fruit. I take no supplements. I avoid polyunsaturated fats like the plague.

I avoid all forms of products on my face and body, including shampoo, perfume etc. I only wash once a day in the shower with water.

That's about it.

I'd be willing to bet the majority of your success comes from the not washing or using products.

The rest just shows avoiding random foods in the name of acne is stupid.

Congratulations on your success.

Glennart, how do you know you didn't outgrow acne?

Thanks man.

I know that because I still get breakouts from eating certain foods!

If I were to eat them daily my skin would soon look like a battlefield again. This includes many fruits, certain vegetables (yes it is true vegetables can be bad for you!). Nuts are probably the worst for me and causes painful nodules after one or two days.

Perhaps my age plays a role in my healing but I honestly think that I would still have severe acne and alot worse scarring today If I had not changed my diet. I think my diet has allowed my scars to heal more rapidly compared to a regular diet. I notice now that acne, small wounds and cuts heal more properly and leave less scarring and redness than before. I have also noticed other improvements with my skin such such as less brittle skin around the nails. Less birthmarks.

What kind of vegetables break you out?

Low carb seems to clear alot of people here...

Gonna try low carb soon ;)

my carb is kinda high , i eat to much Ezekiel whole grain bread.

gonna give my skin 1 month if i still break out , gonna try new diet :) going low carb this time

Lots of red meat ( NY steak is fine? )

Dunno if i should stop using proactiv... it makes my skin nice but always drying..

gonna have to stop using it soon. or use it once a day.. ;/

Here are some new pictures of my skin, before and after!

Before:

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3015/308406...63f334638_o.jpg

After:

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3251/308490...2f805bfeb_o.jpg

I do not claim perfect skin. But skin that is a hell of a lot better than before. :)

Eat your meat kids!

\

How come no scars at all :X , ;/ and i have scars.. i hate them :P

Thanks.

That's about it.

I'd be willing to bet the majority of your success comes from the not washing or using products.

Whoa now, please don't discredit the diet connection. Fruit, grains, starches and regular milk DEFINITELY cause me to breakout, and I never use cleansers, topicals, make up, etc. I don't even touch my skin. I recently tested this out by eating these foods with the no-washing you advocate, and it did not prevent a cyst on my neck, a spot on my forehead, and clogged pores on my jawline.

Thanks.

That's about it.

I'd be willing to bet that not washing or using products is nowhere near responsible for the majority of his success. I've tried the no-wash method before I ever read it on this site, when I ate carbs more than anything and fats were my least consumed macronutrient, and it failed miserably

Thanks.

About 80-90% of what I eat is red meat and butter.

Interesting.

I hope the other 10-20% are veggies and fruit lol.