Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
OMGHi2U!

Do you avoid places with good lighting??

definately! For example i was thrilled they decreased the wattage in the lightbulbs by 20 each to conserve energy at work, thats how bad it gets sometime.

Yep, I am always concerned about lighting. I hate overhead lights at restaurants, I don't want to be seen outside with anyone, and constantly am aware of how the light may make me look. Not for acne as much as for scars.

yeh definatly, i went into a bathroom once in Dublin that had UV lights, looked in the mirror and I looked terrible! so now im always a lil worried when im in clubs, which sucks cos its usually prettd dark in there so you would think your safe.

i am not happy with my skin one bit but i dont worry about the lights much.

but the advantage of a sunny day is that other people might be slightly blinded and cant see properly...

haha youre not the only one, i avoid light places as well :/ i remember when i used to work at hollister it was nice because the lights were always so dim so noone saw my face

I'm the same, it's insane.

As soon as i enter a room, go outside, whatever, lighting is the first thing i'm conscious about. I hate, hate bright lighting, i'm always aware of it, it's really getting to me =/

I never knew someone could be this paranoid about something like lighting...arrgh i'm such a freak lol

I dread places with lighting, places with groups of teenagers (as they're the most unforgiving), mcdonalds (afraid I might actually phisycally disgust someone :D )

When you live with this disfiguring disease, its so hard to function like a regular human being.

Daily tasks that are normal to some, wreak havoc on people who suffer from acne.

Its a shame.

I find myself avoiding everything.

I avoid public bathrooms by all means.

Unless i'm literally about to piss my pants, then I make a sacrifice.

I also avoid this extremely bright light in one of our bathrooms, and I got a lamp to use instead that stupid damn light.

I hate acne.

I hate the redness.

I HATE IT ALL.

IT CAN GO FUCK ITSELF.

:evil:

Definitely. I always try to stay in the shade on a sunny day. :D Malls are the worst--too many pretty people with clear skin and those proactiv carts arent helping either. lol Sometimes I just wear my hood so I avoid seeing people.

Yeah, same here!

I've always wondered too how I look in classrooms. Since it's fluorescent light and all, I would guess it's bad.

sunny days are fine

overcast days are the worst

I have to agree...I think sunny days actually hide flaws a bit...the overcast is a killer. I don't avoid too much, I do what I have to do but I do hate flourescent lighting in bathrooms. Our one at work is horrible. A lady even made a comment to another lady in passing once about how horrible the lighting was and how bad it makes you look- and she was older with no acne. So I felt good that it wasn't just me, lol.

The worst ever-CAR MIRRORS. I hate looking at myself in the car, its like ahh scars and red marks, I thought this makeup was supposed to cover up naturally? NOT! And public bathrooms, haven't been in one in months! I hate looking in the mirror at my dim/yellow lights and seeing hey not so bad, then I go somewhere and it is like..eww

Yeah I think every acne/scar/red mark sufferer has to deal with this unfortunate side effect.

I call it "strategic positioning" - When you have to sit down (or stand) somewhere with a group of people and you strategically position yourself where the light is at its gentlest. ie. Not directly under a fluorescent light.

Definitely. I always try to stay in the shade on a sunny day. :D Malls are the worst--too many pretty people with clear skin and those proactiv carts arent helping either. lol Sometimes I just wear my hood so I avoid seeing people.

Another thing, Dont you hate it when you go to the mall and all those idiot people with their karts of makeup or skin care constantly stop you! They specifically single you out because you have acne.

I got news for you. YOUR PRODUCT WILL NOT WORK. Stop harassing me! Do you not think i've tried everything already?

Just had to get that out. :)

The worst ever-CAR MIRRORS. I hate looking at myself in the car, its like ahh scars and red marks, I thought this makeup was supposed to cover up naturally? NOT! And public bathrooms, haven't been in one in months! I hate looking in the mirror at my dim/yellow lights and seeing hey not so bad, then I go somewhere and it is like..eww

omg i totally agree! i think ill look semi ok in my mirror at home then i get in my car and look in my mirror and want to scream. its like my makeup isnt doing shit in fact i think it makes it look even worse. Also I was at target the other day in the makeup section and looked in one of the mirrors they have and i also looked terrible i was like omg people must be wondering whats wrong with my skin.

I know what you mean.

MY skin looks pretty Ok here at home in my dim lit restroom, but when I check myself out in pure sunlight, I can SEE EVERYTHING!

I can only imagine what others may be thinking when they see me.

SIGHSSS

what type of places have florescent lighting?

Schools, restaurants, rest rooms, offices, e.t.c. Florescent lighting makes everybody look crappy.