Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
kaveman

10% worked for me

i've been an acne sufferer for about 2.5 years now, got it when i was 17 and i'm now 19 and a half.

at first i did nothing, thought it wud just go away. tried clearasil for a while, but that obv did nothing. but it never really bothered me much.

around the start of this year my acne flared up REALLLY BAD, and i mean like 3-4 new pimples a day. ive still got SEVERE red marks from all that acne. thats when i decided to do something about it. so i came across dans regimen, tried it out. i used more than wat dan recommended (more than 2 pumps), but it didnt work at all, my acne stayed pretty much the same as ever. and the weird thing was, i had no side effects at all. no redness, itchiness, dryness, etc.

i went on accutane for about 1.5 months which kind of cleared me up but i had to stop coz of debilititating severe joint pain.

at this stage i was pretty depressed and upset, i thought i'd be stuck with this forever. then i decided to give dans regimen one more shot, but with a higher BP. i tried 5%, didnt work. again, no side effects at all.

then about 3 months ago i started 10%. this was pretty much the last straw for me. i used pretty much the same as wat dan recommends. finally i got some side effects...a bit of dryness around the mouth and under the eyes. and 10% worked like a charm...3 months in and i barely get 1 pimple a fortnight now, so i'm more or less clear. yes i still have red marks but they dont bother me too much. and literally no side effects after a week, i never ever get any redness or dryness or anything anymore.

so i guess the main thing to get from this is although dan recommends 2.5%, people like me just have really insensitive and thick skin, and a higher concentration is the only thing that wud work.

so if dans regimen isnt working for you, maybe trying a higher concentration MIGHT work. i still recommend starting out with 2.5%, coz thats ideal for most skin types. but i dont think it should be a hard and fast rule, i do think for some skin types a higher concentration will work better.

Thank you all so much for replying it has helped so much I think I will at least give it a try and I will let you know