Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
mandala

not reading instructions...

i didnt know whether to put this in here or prescriptions, as its kind of a rant, but i have to say its kind of discouraging and annoying reading posts from people who arent reading the god damn instructions that come with their medications. people are bugging out when they break out in the first few days on retin a or accutane or differin and putting up posts like omg this medication doesnt work i got more zits is this normal? will it go away in the next few days? i dont know about other people, but i seriously wouldnt take a medication like accutane or put a prescribed, abrasive topical like retin a on my face not knowing anything about what im going to experience. granted this is much the fault of dermatologists, who from what i read, seem to be really rushing for a lot of people. but its still kind of your responsibility, for your own good if nothing else, to read the little insert or at least read the other posts on this website before making comments which kind of add to the negative atmosphere for people who are on the medication youre freaking out about. if you disagree tell me it just seems like common sense to me.

Umm, yeah Mandala you could post that little tirade on the prescription board. You do have a point. But, there is a little thing called tact and perhaps you might want to use a little while posting.

Dude, take a chill pill, we can't all be as perfect as you!!

I see your point...

people tend to want a quick fix, so when the acne is not dissapearing within days, people tend to consider that the product sucks and move on,,but in all reality,,,patience is a virtue...

I also think, some are using or i should say trying way too many products within a short time frame and they are not letting their skin even recover from the shock of the other treatments,,then their face gets irritated ..

skin needs to breathe, some days i think its best to leave it alone for a few days,,,to give it a break...

and for everyone who sits and picks at their face please STOP, your only irritaing it, it will not get better just worse...

RELAX.....

you will find what works for you, but there is no quick fix, every product that you use, needs time to do its job,,,,there are no miracles with acne,,,just trial and error and most of all patience....

I completely agree w/ hopeful. Everyone now a days thinks that after a few nights on any kind of acne medication (OTC or Perscribed) all of your pimples should be gone! HAHA give me a break! (of that kit-kat bar)

I think people just want to make sure that there are others who have gone through or are going through the same thing. It's cool to get advice from peers, as well as what your doc tells you. Gives us all some common ground. I do think its a little funny though, when people write "my doc told me this, is this ok?" Well, since he's the one with the degree...

Mercer

From personal experience, just because a doc says something does not mean it's gospel!! I have made this point in other posts. It's really important to know that before going into any kind of procedure.

You have to be willing to do your homework and do the research, otherwise you could end up being very disappointed. Getting real feedback from our peers on this board is an excellent idea because the information is factual. Many times doctors will tell you what the desired outcome will be.