Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

So I'm putting a totally complete list of acne remedies on my blog. I have 25 so far. Let me know if you guys have any more remedies I can add. I want to reach 50.

Here is what I have so far:

1. Rub fresh or frozen pineapple on your face once or twice a week. (Canned or otherwise cooked pineapple will not work.) Pineapple contains bromelain, a natural exfoliant. Bromelain also has the ability to break up inflammatory agents.

2. Use a salicylic acid face wash. My favorite is Olay Clarify & Cleanse Daily Scrub.

3. Eat more salmon. Salmon contains omega-3 fatty acids, which are great for your skin.

4. Make pineapple smoothies from fresh pineapple. Drinking bromelain can be beneficial too. Bromelain may break down inflamatory immune agents.

5. Change your pillowcase every night. It is a face oil sponge after all.

6. Rub fresh aloe vera flesh on your skin at least once a week. Go buy yourself a plant. If you want to make an aloe mask, put the aloe on your face and then cover your face in plastic wrap. Be sure to make holes for you nose, mouth, and eyes. Don't suffocate yourself and don't leave this on overnight. Leave it on an hour max. Aloe vera can discolor the skin if left on longer.

7. If you are female, consider trying Ortho Tri Cyclen Lo. This is a birth control pill that has been proven to reduce acne breakouts.

8. Step into a sauna. Sweating is a great way to purge the pores and help your body get rid of excess toxins.

9. Go for a swim. Too much swimming can be bad for your skin, but if you go for some laps two days a week, you can kill some acne bacteria, sweat a little, and help your skin shed some extra cells.

10. If you can't stand pineapple, try putting some papaya on your face. Papaya contains papain, which is similar to bromelain.

11. If you can't stand fish, try taking fish oil capsules. They have all the benefits without the fishy taste.

12. Vitamin B6 is great for reducing hormone levels in the body. It is especially good for PMS symptoms, but can be beneficial for males as well.

13. Jojoba oil is great for disolving sebum (face oil). If you massage this onto your face before using your facial cleanser, you will get a deeper clean.

14. Try eliminating dairy from your diet. Dairy causes breakouts for some people. Soymilk is a great alternative.

15. Take a warm bath once a week. Submerge your face in the water for a while. Massage jojoba oil on your skin and repeat. Baths are a great stress reducer.

16. Use a 1% benzol peroxide solution on your face a night. If you can't find a 1% product, dilute a pea size amount of a higher concentration with water and rub that on your face.

17. Every time you use the restroom, take some toilet paper and blot the excess oil off your face. Unlike those expensive oil blotting papers, TP is free.

18. Glycolic acid peels are great for exfoliating the skin. Ask your dermatologist or esthetician.

19. Evening primrose oil is great for women and can really help with hormonal breakouts. It has gamma linoleic acid which is converted into anti-inflammatory molecules when consumed. You can also try applying it topically.

20. If you squeeze, clean up the mess. What I mean is, if you pop a pimple, you had better take some rubbing alcohol and clean the affected area. This will prevent the spread of pimple causing bacteria.

21. If you are female and wear makeup, don't use store brands. I've found that Clinique makeup is the best for acne prone people. It may be twice the price, but believe me it's worth it.

22. Eat right! I know preprocessed foods are convenient, but if you eat more vegetables and beans, your skin will appreciate it.

23. I know this is a no brainer, but wash your face every night. Even if you spend the night at someone else's house.

24. Drink more tea. Tea is very beneficial to the body, especially green tea. Tea also calms inflammation. Try giving yourself a camomile tea mask. Buy chamomile tea from the store and break open the tea bags.

25. Zinc supplements also help with inflammation. Be sure to take Zinc gluconate or Zinc picolinate, not Zinc sulfate. Zinc sulfate is absorbed by the body more readily.

Thanks for any suggestions.

If you want to read this blog go to hatezits.blogspot