Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Brad22

Give me your opinions on my Scarring

Took a few hard to get the light right to see them. Mainly those marks on my cheek near my facial hair. Also in the last image they look a lot more visible.

pictureqv4.th.jpg

picture001rj6.th.jpg

picture004wj9.th.jpg

picture003gm7.th.jpg

Took a few hard to get the light right to see them.

pictureqv4.th.jpg

picture001rj6.th.jpg

picture004wj9.th.jpg

picture003gm7.th.jpg

You can barely see them to be honest. Unless someone took a magnifying glass or something and inspected your face..then you can barely see anything.

I did have a full face fraxel repair back in July with good results. I'm not sure they seem worse to me than what you guys are seeing, maybe I'll post a few more in natural lightening tomorrow.

I see what you are talking about brad, I looked close at the last pic. its mild scaring and some large pores.

your scaring is so mild that most treatments could possibly make it worse. I would try some glycolic peel at 25%. after a month or so you can move up to stronger peels. use them once a week. you can also try a tca complex peel I would start with glycolic thou. no down time or peeling with glycolics and they are good at bringing your skin to life and keeping your skin in a state of rejuvination. take vitamin c daily and fish oil. healthy diet goes along way. if you smoke thats awfull for your skin. incase you do.

I understand you are bothered by your skin, I wont down play how you feel. but its not bad at all bro. maybe some of my suggestions can help you out. :)

I still cannot see anything other than large pores but I do beleive that you might have some scarring but it is just not noticable. I think like you and think my skin looks bad and when I posted photos and everyone said my skin looks fine, I thought how could they possibly say that. I am convinced my skin looks bad. I think perhaps we see what others would not notice but we also see our skin in many different lights wich makes a difference in appearance. So please post photos in natural daylight as I am curious too see if I notice a difference. But I will say that the photos you showed us I can guarantee that your next ones will not show some severe scarring. I can tell with just those photos your scarring is minimal if you have any.

I see what you are talking about brad, I looked close at the last pic. its mild scaring and some large pores.

your scaring is so mild that most treatments could possibly make it worse. I would try some glycolic peel at 25%. after a month or so you can move up to stronger peels. use them once a week. you can also try a tca complex peel I would start with glycolic thou. no down time or peeling with glycolics and they are good at bringing your skin to life and keeping your skin in a state of rejuvination. take vitamin c daily and fish oil. healthy diet goes along way. if you smoke thats awfull for your skin. incase you do.

I understand you are bothered by your skin, I wont down play how you feel. but its not bad at all bro. maybe some of my suggestions can help you out. :)

Thank you very helpful, about the peels though I do not want to do them myself, also I do take 1000 mg of Vitamin C daily and I don't smoke. I did have a full face Fraxel repair back in July and a spot treatment in late October on the spots that bother me that are shown in the pics. Will most likely have another spot treatment again in Feb.

I still cannot see anything other than large pores but I do beleive that you might have some scarring but it is just not noticable. I think like you and think my skin looks bad and when I posted photos and everyone said my skin looks fine, I thought how could they possibly say that. I am convinced my skin looks bad. I think perhaps we see what others would not notice but we also see our skin in many different lights wich makes a difference in appearance. So please post photos in natural daylight as I am curious too see if I notice a difference. But I will say that the photos you showed us I can guarantee that your next ones will not show some severe scarring. I can tell with just those photos your scarring is minimal if you have any.

I did see your pics and thought you had way better skin than I did.

I would pay $10,000...unless the doctor wanted more...and then I would gladly pay him more...to only have scarring like yours lol...but then again maybe its just the lighting...it can even make my scars look like they arent even there

What percent improvement did the fraxel give you?

Thank you very helpful, about the peels though I do not want to do them myself, also I do take 1000 mg of Vitamin C daily and I don't smoke. I did have a full face Fraxel repair back in July and a spot treatment in late October on the spots that bother me that are shown in the pics. Will most likely have another spot treatment again in Feb.

well its great you dont smoke and you yake vitamin c. fish oil caps also help skin. I have never had laser done. just ask your doctor if its ok to do glycolic peels. just not sure how soon is to soon to start doing peels ect.. after a laser treatment. I know skin heals over months with treatments like laser. I dint think it would be a problem as glycolic peels just remove the top layer of skin. yes you can do the peels yourself. you can buy the stuff on ebay. just follow the directions. if you you try it and have any questions about application feel free to ask me for advice.

I have more scaring then you. and glycolic peel is a great addition to your skin program. it makes your skin overall look much healthier on a weekly basis. just keep using it. start with 25%. once you finish the bottle, then take a break for a few weeks adn then if you want move up to 35% or greater. I have just used 25% so far and its cheap and easy addtion to your skin care program.

some touch ups you are getting in feb could help alot since your scaring is mild. good luck.

I would pay $10,000...unless the doctor wanted more...and then I would gladly pay him more...to only have scarring like yours lol...but then again maybe its just the lighting...it can even make my scars look like they arent even there

I am not sure the percentage of improvement but I do notice the scars are a lot more shallower. I also have a great doctor who barely charges me for the fraxel repair spot treatments. Here's another pic in different lightening, I circled the area that bothers me.

picture006jk1.th.jpg

Holy crap!

I started laughing thinking that you think my skin looks way better. I swear I think your skin looks perfect. I notice nothing even in your last photo. Maybe we have distorted eyes.

Holy crap!

I started laughing thinking that you think my skin looks way better. I swear I think your skin looks perfect. I notice nothing even in your last photo. Maybe we have distorted eyes.

Well tonight while I was working, I was sweating pretty bad and I guess with the moisturizer I put on my face it made my scars look worse when I saw them in the bathroom mirror. So I really don't know what to think anymore, I know I have scars that bother me and I will continue to do what I can to improve them.

Btw jackiey I still think your skin is way better than mine.

I am not sure the percentage of improvement but I do notice the scars are a lot more shallower. I also have a great doctor who barely charges me for the fraxel repair spot treatments. Here's another pic in different lightening, I circled the area that bothers me.

picture006jk1.th.jpg

I wish I could find a doctor like that. Most of the ones I meet are just out to make $.

I don't see any scars in your pictures.

I wish I could find a doctor like that. Most of the ones I meet are just out to make $.

I don't see any scars in your pictures.

I wish I could believe you but then I see this pic.

pictureeditee3.th.jpg

Guys can get away (easier than girls) with some scarring and I have to look reeeeealllly hard to see anything. You look "weathered" -like a tough guy, not like you have acne scars. You don't have the horrid "holes", just some scratch like scars and your beard helps. No one will notice, unless you stick your face up to theirs like you're doing here and shine a bright light on yourself. If it really bothers you, your scars are mild enough to respond to wkly peels.

your still cracking me up. I swear on my life that your skin looks good. I think you really see things that are so mild no one would ever notice. I promise you. Your skin looks like no one else in the scar gallery no one to compare yourself too because your scarring if you have any is so mild. But I know how you feel because our mind tells us differently. I think it's anxiety. We become anxious thinking oh no our face may look like........I think you start to adapt to it and begin to accept it that either our minds are some what delusional or our faces are terribly scarred and then learn to go with the day. I have seen some really attractive people with scarring and think they still look beautiful. That gives me hope if in reality my skin was kinda jacked up. But I really hope you don't end up obssessing about for a long time like I have done. You will begin to see things you never knew existed and it really starts to mess with you. Let this go