Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
awalbridge

Insurance Problems May Delay Me Filing My Prescription. NEED ADVICE

My prescription insurance coverage just changed. Under my old policy, I was able to fill my accutane prescription without needing pre-authorization, etc. I have been on accutane for 3 months and my new prescription that I tried to fill using my new insurance expired yesterday. My prescription was denied because of lack of pre-authorization. My derm faxed over all neccessary paperwork and it is still coming back denied. Now it is going into an appeal process and who knows how long that will take before it is resolved.

Has anyone out there experienced a delay in filing their prescription? Will being off of Accutane for a couple weeks totally destroy all of the progress my skin has made since starting my treatment? My skin is so clear right now and I would hate for it to start breaking out again and getting super oily. I am freaking out because I only have two more months to go.

Any advice would be great!

Thanks,

Amanda

i'm in the same mess... not with insurance but going past my 7 day window to fill prescription which sucks also but i'll be without for 18 days.. but the way i take it accutane MUST stay in your system for at least a month. considering u can't give blood for a month and take a final pregnancy test 1 month after final dose... so i hope for both of us it doesn't start all over.