Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
gt_stang_2006

chapped lips and alcohol after tane

I took my last dose of accutane on thanksgiving day. I was wondering how long its gonna take for my damn lips to return to normal. I was also wondering when I can drink heavily again. A couple of weeks maybe? thanks

hi there, what dosage where you on? i was on 40mg a day for 4 months, and came off the tablets in mid september. for the first 2 months afterwards i had maybe 2/3 pints in total, and i really did not feel like drinking at all. the first one i had 1 week after i finished roaccutane as it was my birthday, and it really made my stomach feel quite strange. only now am i able to drink a bit more and it actually goes down well!

i would suggest dont start drinking too heavily too quickly ...

most of the side effects go away pretty quick (2-3 weeks) others like the dry skin , redness may take a little bit more..

Calm down killa! J/K I have been off for almost a month and my lips returned to normal about 3 weeks after I stopped my meds. By normal I mean no dryness at all, no more dry skin to pick off. As far as drinking goes I think accutane stays in your system for a month after you take your last pill.

Well damn I am supposed to wait a month to get drunk. That sucks. I am not a raging alcoholic or anything, but it has been 4 months since I've drank heavily. Anyways, I was on 80 mg for the last 2 months. I was on the tane for 4 months.