Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Let me first say that I LOVE IB, it makes you feel so happy, your skin looks great, and you have no acne. NOT, ya it sucks :boohoo: but uh we gotta deal with it. Please do tell, if your acne has also been severve on IB. What did u do?

I got mine around the 10th day. My chin and lip area got ****ed over hard. It went away in around a week, and I haven't had a pimple there since. I'm on my 32nd day now.

.. I think my foreheads doing the same thing now, though.

my IB was HORRIBLE and lasted about 10 weeks... im on week 11 and its getting a lot better. hard to say if its over or not. my biggest problem is that the post acne turned into eczema... so even though the pimples are gone, i have rough, dry, red patches on my face. ive been using lots of moisturizer.

Well, I would say that my IB started around my 5th or 6th day, you could really tell, my forehead has large cysts and pimples, although my face is NOT OILY AT ALL!!! :dance: So I know it must be working! Time will tell, im on my 8th day now...

I thought I was getting my IB last week, but now I know I wasn't really...

Actually, I seem to get an IB on everypart of my face ...but one part at a time. Last week was on my jawline, where I usually get cysts.Now it's smooth...

I thought it was over (naive little me!!! :rolleyes: ),but I've been cring my eyes out for 2 days now. I don't even leave the house.(cancelling my jobs Xmas party on Friday) I need bread and milk right now but I just don't care....I'm not leaving this house. My chin and mouth area is covered in big painful pimples that DO NOT drain or if they do, just pop right back.

If this lasts more than 2 weeks, I'm afraid I won't be able to handle it.I know I have a very negative attitude toward this, but I usually have 3-4 pimples at the most (that would be a breakout for me), and I have atleast 15 right now....and if I even dare to touch them, my skin peels right off making it red, painful, and UGLY. This is really worst than what I expected.

I admire all of you who have a positive attitude about this!

my IB was HORRIBLE and lasted about 10 weeks... im on week 11 and its getting a lot better. hard to say if its over or not. my biggest problem is that the post acne turned into eczema... so even though the pimples are gone, i have rough, dry, red patches on my face. ive been using lots of moisturizer.

I got eczema from one years use of dalacin. I went to my doc AND my derm, and they gave me fungoral(in case it was a mycosis, and something called apolar. When i used it, the eczema went away, but when i stopped using it. Anyways i canceled the creams and stuff, and rubbed my face in with Eight Hour Cream for some days. Suddenly, my eczema was gone. Posted this in case you need some options to get rid of it. I don't know 100% if 8 hour cream helps with eczema, but i know it worked on mine.

-E17

My IB was awful. It started about two weeks into the tane. It caught me way of guard. It left some acne scars. For some reason the acne scars before I took acccutane seem to disapper on their own, but the ones associated with taking the accutane never went away.

Out of desperation, I took a razor blade and cut one of the huge cyst-I discovered why you can't pop them-I dug out a bb size white nodule that was hard as a rock-It would of never went away on its own-that huge hit never did scar. Best method I've seen to avoid having the fun and games is to make the derm put you on bactrim prior to the tane and at least the first few weeks of treatment.

I could see that being hard. If I only had 4 or so actives, and broke out with 15, I'd be upset too.

It's easier for some of us because we already have extremely bad skin, so when it gets worse it isn't AS noticeable as someone without much. Just try stick with it, it'll be worth it in the end.

My IB was awful. It started about two weeks into the tane. It caught me way of guard. It left some acne scars. For some reason the acne scars before I took acccutane seem to disapper on their own, but the ones associated with taking the accutane never went away.

Out of desperation, I took a razor blade and cut one of the huge cyst-I discovered why you can't pop them-I dug out a bb size white nodule that was hard as a rock-It would of never went away on its own-that huge hit never did scar. Best method I've seen to avoid having the fun and games is to make the derm put you on bactrim prior to the tane and at least the first few weeks of treatment.

I had a hardcore allergic reaction (rashes) to Bactrim. I see my Derm. on Dec. 18th, so I'm gonna see if I can get another antibiotic. Although, with the reaction I did get, I'd be hesitant to try another antibiotic... Ugh, it was horrible. Went to the ER because of it. Bad news bears. I'm good now though. I'm on Day 5 of Accutane and all I really have is dry skin, which is (at the moment) very controllable with moisturizers. I use Gold Bond for my body and Nivea - Kiss of Moisture for my lips. We'll see what she says about the antibiotic thing though. Hopefully all goes well! I feel like I'm already starting to clear a little bit at a time. Freakin.....sweet....!