Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Namaste

Juice Fast

Top of the evening. I've done several juice fasts for reasons ranging from detox, spiritual enlightenment, acne problems, recalibration of my palate, etc. and it's helped me for too many reasons to resist. I'm on day 3 of a 15 day juice fast and I feel wonderful. Between day 3 and 5 my skin drastically reduces oil production which helps nicely with my acne. Plus keeping the body clean maintains proper detoxification through the intestines and colon, thus less toxins trying to escape through the skin. I used something on my skin about a week ago that made me break out and gave me an ass load of small clogs so I'm hoping this fast will aid in my pores clearing up from that little event. I'll document my results for anyone interested.

i am interested in this also.

what kind of juice do you consume?

Here are some which might work, they cant be any of that concentrate shizz, make them yourself in a juicer.

Applejuice

Carrotjuice

Tomatojuice

Manjuice

Plumjuice

Grapejuice

I've been juicing

apples

carrots

oranges

radishes (just one or two in a batch, hardly any taste)

beets

cucumbers

celery

you can juice any kind you like.

I've heard of some people juicing with just one kind of fruit or veggie for the duration of their entire fast but I'd rather get more variety with flavor and nutritional content.

Oh boy..

doesnt sound to bad at all!

i was reading about those "green smoothies"

would you also put greeny leafs in your juice?

I've juiced leafy greens with fruits or veggies- tastes so good! I love blueberry/spinach and apple/collard. I still have a green smoothie daily even during my fast. I don't bother juicing the greens anymore though because they don't yield much juice and I don't want to waste any bit of them. Leafy greens are SO good for your skin and overall health. I mix a big handful of spinach (baby spinach tastes the best) with apple juice. I'd say any fruit juice tastes great with it. You can add extras like banana or nuts, although I don't like to during a fast. I was apprehensive about mixing spinach with fruit initially, but I can honestly say that I could hardly taste the spinach and the mixture was delicious! Try it with a small handful and work your way up. I guarantee within a couple of weeks you'll notice a difference in your skin.

Good stuff! I wish I could fast more often but I lose so much weight its ridiculous. BUt for anyone who wouldnt mind shedding a few pounds juice fasts are amazing. It is by far the best thing I ever did for my skin and health in general.

P.S.- Have you ever tried juicing some ginger or garlic with your veggie juices? Gives it a nice kick, and has some good health benefits as I well I imagine. Just dont use too much ginger or garlic since both are quite spicy. I make carrot, celery, cucumber, ginger juice daily and LOVE it.

Do you guys take any sort of like fiber when fasting?

Just wondering because the digestive tract is an important part of detoxing and health and what not. If you are just consuming juice without a source of fiber you won't be having BM's and I don't think that will help anything.

Maybe a juice fast + psyllium husks?

sleaman - I love ginger root! I completely forgot all about it. Apple/carrot/ginger is delicious too. I used to put it in my green smoothies but ran out and completely forgot about ginger's existence. Thanks for the reminder dude :) I've tried garlic but I just can't find a good mixture for it. Any suggestions?

AltaPGT - fiber, herbal laxatives or enemas are absolutely necessary. If you don't make sure you properly evacuate the waste then you'll end up reabsorbing it which can heighten detox symptoms (including breakouts). I was slacking with getting something like that in my diet the first couple of days and I got a few little breakouts, nothing too bad, but it was very avoidable. I personally have been using enemas (sounds gross and strange but works great during a fast and makes you feel very clean afterward.) and I just started using Castor oil and that seems to be working nicely as well.

Today is day 7 of my juice fast. Yesterday I ate a single shot glass full of raw peanuts for protein because I was feeling a bit dazed. Protein powders are great, but supplements don't nutritionally come close to the real deal, as I've read because many of them are synthesized.

I was getting a lot of stomach aches prior to my fast and I finally realized it was because of the tap water I was drinking! I switched to tap a few weeks ago when I ran out of Brita filters. I've been drinking distilled water all day (aside from my first couple of morning glasses that were tap. I got the worst nausea from them.) and I tell you water has never tasted so crisp and velvety and smooth. I love distilled water. I'm done being cheap with my water; Brita filters are on my shopping list again.

this is a good thread!

im pretty convinced to try this.

i wouldnt mind shedding a few pounds and getting clear skin at the same time.

this is a good thread!

im pretty convinced to try this.

i wouldnt mind shedding a few pounds and getting clear skin at the same time.

Just keep in mind that the weight loss is not going to be exclusively fat loss--I'd estimate that more than half of all weight loss on any kind of reduced calorie diet without exercise would be muscle loss.

I went to my sister's house last night and there was a small gathering of people drinking there. I managed to resist everything including natural chips and salsa, but I did have a handful of a mix of almonds and raisins. Although I've been eating nuts and the occasional bit of fruit, I'm going to remain primarily drinking juice and water for at least another week. I also plan on drinking only water for a couple of days for a more intense detox.

So far my skin is looking better. My blackheads and whiteheads that were riddled around my mouth and the creases of my nose have been getting smaller. I can't wait for the just-water portion of my fast :)

Well I've begun weening myself back onto whole foods. My body began to crave more than juice and last time I denied myself when I went back to whole foods I binged so heavily I wanted to vomit. Plus, if I jump back onto huge portions after a fast I end up gaining my weight back too quickly and I get really oily and break out. I've been sticking to light things like a stalk of celery, a shot glass of peanuts, and a glass of juice for a meal. This morning I wasn't in the mood for a green smoothie so after a few glasses of water and some mint tea I had a quarter grapefruit and a cup of soy milk with raw honey and cocoa - very yummy, but the caffeine in the cocoa made me feel a bit dehydrated.