Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

ok my org friends i am finally going to see a lovely dermatologist woopee! haha the only problem is i dunno exactly what to say to her...hi im megan i have mild acne but its annoying can u get rid of it for me thanks!....hmm

ANYWAY to any ppl who have a derm...is there anything in particular i should ask? or bring with me....i mostly suffer from comedonal acne now and red marks from inflammed acne uggh. i would love to go on low dose accutane (10mg) but dunno how id convince her. my other doc perscribed me differin but that did nothin :(. and both my bros have been on accutane (normal dose) and voila there acne filled faces are that of perfect pale angels now...ok so yep thats some info on me

any suggestions on perscription meds i should bring up, or Qs to ask her

THANKS!

Definately bring up your family history and your brother's sucess with tane - I don't have a derm (no money) but I'm sure that will help you!

if your acne isn't severe, she wont want to prescribe accutane unless its very persistent...so your best bet would be to make a list of all the different things you tried that didn't work. i think i was sort of in the same boat as you are because my acne wasn't what i would call severe (i don't get cysts too often), but i have tried literally every thing except for accutane, and none of it has worked. if you haven't already tried oral antibiotics i highly doubt shell put you on accutane, but if i were you i would just stress the success your brothers had with it and be persistent. good luck!

1. Write down every medication you've tried, and how long you've tried it. Give her a copy.

As you have mild acne I doubt she'd prescribe Accutane. Low dose might be possible, but it's done less often in the States. Unfortunately.

oh yea btw my avatar's from before i even had acne haha thats not what my face looks like currently unfortunatley. but yea i hope shes a good derm aah i hope she actually cares about me somewhat

Ive just managed, after 10 mins of literally begging, to convince my GP to refer me to a derm. I too would like to know how to get a derm to prescribe accutane. My acne is too mild (or so my bloody GP says) for accutane but it is persistent - about 10 years worth of persistence. Plus Ive tried antibiotics, isotrex gel, BP etc. Ive mainly got non inflamed acne/blocked pores with some inflamation - any chance of getting on accutane? I really dont see why not. My GP says its because of the side effects but surely I should be able to say i dont care about that, im willing to try anything? Surely if it works (accutane) we should be allowed to try it? Its annoying me to be honest coz although my acne is, to my GP, mild, to me its psychologically crippling.

if your acne isn't severe, she wont want to prescribe accutane unless its very persistent...so your best bet would be to make a list of all the different things you tried that didn't work. i think i was sort of in the same boat as you are because my acne wasn't what i would call severe (i don't get cysts too often), but i have tried literally every thing except for accutane, and none of it has worked. if you haven't already tried oral antibiotics i highly doubt shell put you on accutane, but if i were you i would just stress the success your brothers had with it and be persistent. good luck!

mine was mild back in 2000 when i went on a 5 month course, it depends on how if affects you, let the doctor know how it interferes with your life and that nothing has worked to date. came back 8 months ago, so had to spots for over 6 years