Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

ok so im wondering if my current die is a low Gi diet (glycemic index)

i plan to eat tuna(chunk ligth) i add lemon to it and eat it with dinner rolls (the little bread things) ill say i eat about 10 a day.

i will drink soy milk 1.5 cups daily and the only other drink being water.apple occasionally. thats all

also im wondering if anyone could recommend some healthy snacks? also i supplement with zinc,vitamin d and e, b vitamins, flaxseed oil and omega 3

any other recommendations to help my acne welcomed.

ps.i have mild acne with some mild red marks

You eat 10 bread rolls a day? I wouldn't assume they are low GI but the fact you have 10 of them really adds up... the actual glycemic load is important too. I would suggest just not having bread personally. Low GI foods don't just mean you can have a lot of them and be ok if that is what you are going for.

I would make meat and veggies the staples of your diet. I would try to keep carbs to your smallest macronutrient intake.

haha yea so i guess ill stop having the 10 rolls but what should i eat instead? also some healthy snacks? cuz i get real hungry

I made a quick edit about trying to make carbs your lest consumed macronutrient btw.

For snacks, you could always try carrots, celery w/ natural PB, tuna, hard boiled eggs... I am going into ketosis (less than 25g carbs/day and at least 65% cals from fat) now so my snacks are not exactly typical. Most of the things I snack on are black coffee with heavy whipped cream, hard boiled eggs, walnuts, celery w/ PB, and cans of tuna in oil (mostly chunk light). Foods high in fiber or fat will be the most filling.

No, tons of added sugar in that I would assume. Try sweetening nomal oatmeal with cinnamon and stevia. Still, don't go overboard because Oatmeal has plenty of carbs. They say a little in the morning does help you stabilize sugars throughout the day.

One high carb food that I can eat all the time is Barilla Plus pasta, as it has tons of protein and fiber in it which helps lower the GI by alot. Make sure the sauce doesn't have alot of added sugar though. I always take 2 TBSP's of ACV to be safe before eating it, though.

Edit, i'm sure it has a little Gluten though, which I can luckily seem to digest. It may or may not be the same for you.

If you want something healthier then Peanut butter , try almond butter raw. :)

All natural peanut butter is healthy.. but almond butter raw is just better. hehe

But if u care about price , then all natural Peanut butter it is. :P

cashew raw nut are great. :)

If you want something healthier then Peanut butter , try almond butter raw. :)

Want to explain why you think almond butter is healthier than peanut butter?

haha yea so i guess ill stop having the 10 rolls but what should i eat instead? also some healthy snacks? cuz i get real hungry

http://www.acne.org/messageboard/Food-and-...ce-t205099.html

ok thanks also is microwabable oatmeal good? the maple and brown sugar one from quaker

You need to start reading labels. They list the carbs.

And no, they aren't good. Almost nothing you find in a box or bag from Quaker, Nabisco, General Foods, Kraft, or any other major food manufacturer is good.

Want to explain why you think almond butter is healthier than peanut butter?

aflatoxins contaminate peanuts. it's a carcinogen.

That's good to know about the PB. I'll definitely start buying almond butter sometimes rather than PB all the time. I also read that freshly ground PB from health food stores were found to have the least of those toxins and the big names had fewer of them. I wonder if organic natural PB had the same problem?

Oh and a piece of advice for the OP, if you go on a low GI diet and you find you can control your acne but it still shows up, I would suggest trying going low-carb.