Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
paper mario

Is Accutane Roche the non-generic name?

I hear a bunch of names for the medication being thrown around, but never Roche. I was thinking maybe it's just a Canadian generic brand, but iirc, Roche is the name of the company that first made accutane. I'm just a little curious, my package just says "Accutane - Roche"

Annnd I might as well put my first months progress here. First of all I'm 175ish pounds (slowly going down, thanks to back problems..), severe acne, and on 80mg a day dose.

Around day 10 I got bruuttalll IB. It messed up my chin like never before I was getting new whiteheads every hour. That went away after a week or so. Since then I've pretty much been the same as I was before using accutane, except there's been a lot less acne around my chin.. My blackheads were also removed. Kinda crazy, they've been embedded in my nose for years. I don't have a single one now.

Overall, my face looks a whole lot worse. The active acne is more red then before, and so are the scars. I also have Roseca (sp?). Anyways. I'm still feeling optimistic. The only side effects other then the dryness,IB, and the red face thing, is a sore back.

I also take Accutane Roche, and am also from Canada.

But I don't think it's a generic...

I feel so dumb but what does IB mean?

ANd mine says accutane roche as well. its a little orange capsule.

I also take Accutane Roche, and am also from Canada.

But I don't think it's a generic...

I feel so dumb but what does IB mean?

ANd mine says accutane roche as well. its a little orange capsule.

It's not a dumb question at all. It means initial breakout. The breakout most people get when they start accutane.

And about the roche thing.. So it's not the generic brand? I guess it doesn't really matter if they're the same thing and all.

Hmm, I thought it *was* the generic brand. I don't think they would be using the name "accutane" (or roche for that matter) if it wasn't.

When I got my prescription it just said "accutane" on it, and the package says "Accutane Roche" as well. You're right, "Roche" is the company that first started making Accutane.

Just a total guess here, but maybe it's just to tell us that the form of isotrentinoin we're taking is from Roche?