Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Stephen K

Is this working as it should after 6 months?

I have been using the regimen, in its entirety, for 6 weeks. My skin has seen dramatic improvement, and right now I have 1 to 3 active pimples.

That is my question. Should I still be getting these pimples? It's been 6 weeks already. My skin is very flakey until I put the moisturizer on. How long will this last?

When will I be able to use the AHA cream? I have no scars, but red marks galore on my forehead.

Is 3 months really the magic number? Is that when I should see even better results? Or is it that, if it hasn't completely worked already, it never will?

Here is a before photo:

Here is a picture of me now.

post-85798-1228252679_thumb.png

post-85798-1228252679_thumb.png

The Regimen works differently for different people. Some people clear up faster, and some slower. You said you've already noticed an improvement, and that's a good sign. Three months is generally when most people start to see the full effects of The Regimen. But for some people, it might take a bit longer. Right now, you're only halfway there, but if it seems to be clearing you up, stick with it.

And wait on the AHA until your skin is used to using the full amount of BP. ; )

FYI, the post title says 6 months. ;)

You are holding your hair back in the pictures. I'm sure you've already considered this, but do you normally have bangs or hair lying over your forehead? May be contributing. Could forehead be in contact with hair during sleep?

Don't get me wrong...I love the system and am happy with the results. I am just wondering if this program will take me all the way to clear, if it hasn't already after 6 weeks.

I am pretty much clear now. Every once in a while I get a few pimples, but they disappear fast. Right now I have zero active pimples, just red marks left over and blotchy skin.

I have two areas that I thought would come up to be small pimples, but the BP has successfully kept them at bay. What a difference from 2 months ago.

How should I proceed?

How do I get rid of the red marks? How fast does the AHA+ work?

Lookin' good for 6 weeks. Now is the time to bump up the BP. When in doubt, use more. And also, avoid irritation. Check out http://www.acne.org/regimenadvice.php to be super sure you're on the regimen precisely and stick with it 'til you get completely clear.

The AHA is probably a welcome addition at this point as well. Feel free to use it every few nights as your nightly moisturizer.

Lookin' good for 6 weeks. Now is the time to bump up the BP. When in doubt, use more. And also, avoid irritation. Check out http://www.acne.org/regimenadvice.php to be super sure you're on the regimen precisely and stick with it 'til you get completely clear.

The AHA is probably a welcome addition at this point as well. Feel free to use it every few nights as your nightly moisturizer.

Thanks. I have been using the full BP for a few weeks now. I dab a lot on. I used BP w/ Proactiv.

I do notice that my flakiness is partially subsiding.

Will the regimen work even better than this? cause so far its pretty great!

Yeah, the goal is to get you completely cleared up. Stay patient, take that survey, stick with it, and let's see what you can achieve. Also, adding in AHA for me is an extra boost. I think you might be pleasantly surprised at what that does for you as well. Thanks for posting your pics.

Oh, btw, have any before pics?

Yeah, the goal is to get you completely cleared up. Stay patient, take that survey, stick with it, and let's see what you can achieve. Also, adding in AHA for me is an extra boost. I think you might be pleasantly surprised at what that does for you as well. Thanks for posting your pics.

Oh, btw, have any before pics?

In the original post, I said that the first photo was the before pic, but looking back it was a few days after the beginning of the regimen. And it doesn't reflect a true before photo, because I had been using Proactiv for two years. About two weeks before I received the products, I used proactiv with a lot of BP (however smelly it was), slowly ramping it up. It worked, but I did not have a moisturizer. So the before pic is actually after a couple weeks of BP. Your products are much better (and cheaper) than a 4 oz. bottle of smelly BP!

Tomorrow I'll look for a true before pic, I'd be interested to see myself.

Ok, I found one. This is what my acne would looked like exactly the way Proactiv told me to use it.

I don't remember it. I didn't realize how well your system works!!!!!! I'm just used to little acne!!!!!!

Now I am getting excited...

post-85798-1228442482_thumb.png

BTW, You can also see how many red marks I have to wait to fade :(

post-85798-1228442482_thumb.png

I have been using the regimen, in its entirety, for 6 weeks. My skin has seen dramatic improvement, and right now I have 1 to 3 active pimples.

That is my question. Should I still be getting these pimples? It's been 6 weeks already. My skin is very flakey until I put the moisturizer on. How long will this last?

When will I be able to use the AHA cream? I have no scars, but red marks galore on my forehead.

Is 3 months really the magic number? Is that when I should see even better results? Or is it that, if it hasn't completely worked already, it never will

I think a lot of your questions can be answered more extensively in a pinned post in this forum. The topic of "expectations" is addressed.

Should you still be getting these pimples? Yes, I think so. Of course, it depends on a variety of factors but i think your acne probably will continue to show 1-3 active pimples for a while, maybe a year even.

Some report improvements or clearness level at "90%" at more than one year. I think 90% means they still usually have a few active pimples. Have to ask them, haha. Maybe someone with a similar situation too because a lot of this depends, of course, on how bad your acne was, how dramatic a change, types, etc, etc...

Is 3 months the magic number? No, I don't think so.

Yours could be a year or more to be completely clear but I'd estimate probably more like 8 months based on your acne type and severity. By completely clear I mean having ZERO active pimples clear continuously, and maybe 2 very hard to see red marks. Based on your pictures, I'd estimate 8-9 months. Think gradual at this point. Especially since you report such dramatic clearing in only 6 weeks. Congrats on that, by the way!

Consider the hair thing though. That could keep you in 1-3 active pimple zone for many years, even while on this regimen. It's an avoidable thing that generally makes acne worse or keeps it going...especially if one has somewhat oily hair. I wonder about whether your forehead is flaky, or just other areas.

I agree with Dan's recommendations about the AHA and red marks.

Good luck :dance:

EDIT: Just saw your before picture - somehow I missed it!! Wow. Very dramatic improvement! I'd estimate 8-9 months to "completely" clear.

Ah, thanks for posting the before pic. Very nice improvement so far. Please keep us posted and let us know also if you should decide to add the AHA. I'd love to follow along.

Also, do you use any hair products? I wonder only because your acne seemed to be centered at the hair line. This is something to be aware of.