Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
sarahf79

Is this possible?

I've read all about the connection to acne & dairy. I am thinking that dairy may be affecting my acne, as well. I *THINK* that my recent breakouts could be associated with cheese.

But I'm confused about one thing.

Years ago, my staple diet was pizza. Seriously, I ate it about 4 times a week - gross, I know, but I was a college student. Obviously, this = enormous amounts of cheese. But during that whole time of about one year, I was nearly 100% clear. Wouldn't this indicate that I don't have an allergy to dairy, then? I've always had acne, but I've gone through clear periods and horrible periods. During these times, I have never altered my diet. That's why I don't understand that it would be linked to foods.

Cheese is my only means of dairy intake. I don't eat ice cream, yogurt, or milk. I have experienced lots of gas, bloating, etc. when I eat ice cream and milk, so I avoid them. I suppose that would indicate some sort of food allergy or lactose intolerance. But strangely, I don't have this problem with cheese. That's why the dairy connection is so confusing for me...

So if I decide to do the no dairy thing, is it only cow's milk products that are bad? Meaning, could I have sheep's or goat's cheese? What about organic dairy products? If they don't contain the hormones, they should be OK, right?

So if I decide to do the no dairy thing, is it only cow's milk products that are bad? Meaning, could I have sheep's or goat's cheese? What about organic dairy products? If they don't contain the hormones, they should be OK, right?

It depends on the reason you have a problem with dairy. You just have to try them and see. It's not just the hormones. And there will still be hormones in the organic milk.

I also cannot do milk or ice cream but I can do most semi-soft to hard cheeses, aged cheese is better. I can also have yogurt. I found out that in processing cheese, a lot of the sugar is taken out. Milk sugars tend to cause bloating, gas etc..ala lactose intolerance in many people. I call Milk "White Death" Cause if I have more than a few ounces, I'm in pain on the couch.

It's funny how we tend to analyze everything about our lives when we have acne. Food, sleep habits, even sex. The thing is many people don't realize that maybe their acne is allergy related. I had a full panel allergy test and found out that I was allergic or borderline allergic to many things. I've had to cut stuff out of my diet and take Allegra. It helped.

Cheese was not on my allergy list. Just Milk Sugars. So it basically answered a question that even I pondered. All dairy is not equal. I say, continue eating cheese and take a calcium supplement and see how you do. Try to stay with Aged or semi-soft to harder cheeses. they have less sugar in the.

Keep us updated. I'm interested to see if cutting back on cheese helps. Just out of curiosity.

I had a full panel allergy test and found out that I was allergic or borderline allergic to many things.

How much did the test cost? Was is RAST? And where did you get it done?

I'm trying to figure out the same thing as well. However, I am lactose intolerant.

The cheese on pizza doesn't affect my lactose intolerance because the cheese, when melted, actively rids itself of the milk sugar, lactose, in cheese. Cheese, in general, gives me less problems than milk or ice cream.

I'm trying to figure out if certain things in milk cause acne. I just keep getting acne almost every week so it's really hard to tell what the exact cause is. If you find out let me know. There were periods where my acne subsided substantially and when I think about it, these were times when my milk intake was moderately high.