Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
whatever21

accutane and scaring

Hey everyonee.

One question:

Did you find that you scarred more easily while on accutane?

The pimples you popped while on accutane..did they scar a lot?

Its getting harder and harder to keep my hands off my face :( and even if I've only popped like three, i already have other scars and I read somewhere you scar more easily while on accutane. Has anyone found this to be true?

What have you found helps with scar treatment?

Thanks!

Yes i did scar while on accutane. I had never scarred before in my life before tane. Don't touch your skin too much, try not to irritate it anymore and consider lowering your dose. Something like sudocreme would be good to aid the healing of individual spots. Should help to keep the inflammation down.

Hey everyonee.

One question:

Did you find that you scarred more easily while on accutane?

The pimples you popped while on accutane..did they scar a lot?

Its getting harder and harder to keep my hands off my face :( and even if I've only popped like three, i already have other scars and I read somewhere you scar more easily while on accutane. Has anyone found this to be true?

What have you found helps with scar treatment?

Thanks!

Yep, I scar way more easily on tane. Even just clearing out blackheads.

DO NOT PICK YOU FACE!!!! You will scar easily. I just got off a 6 month course and I have some scarring left. It is okay with me though, I can easily cover them up with makeup. Scars are way better than cystic acne IMO.

DO NOT PICK YOU FACE!!!! You will scar easily. I just got off a 6 month course and I have some scarring left. It is okay with me though, I can easily cover them up with makeup. Scars are way better than cystic acne IMO.

Yeah, I dont pick on purpose really. Like I let the pimple develop or whatever, but when its about to pop Ill touch my face and it will just burst..gross, I know, but I think you guys get it :(.. So im scared those will scar.

But what you said is true..Id so much rather have some scars than acne. Scars are much easier to cover up...and even though they still depress me, its not as bad :(. And they sorta fade with time..maybe not completely, but somewhat.

I kind of pick my face. Alot=/ I never pick hard, though, just gently push the developed ones. My dermatologist says it's okay, as long as I don't overdo it.

I'm scared as hell of being a total scarface for the rest of my life, but right now, I'm too depressed of my cystic acne to even really worry about that.

Any former cystic acne- sufferers with a scar free face here? Or have you heard of anyone? Would be nice with some hope, you know.

Btw, been 12 weeks on the course now. How 'bout you?

I kind of pick my face. Alot=/ I never pick hard, though, just gently push the developed ones. My dermatologist says it's okay, as long as I don't overdo it.

I'm scared as hell of being a total scarface for the rest of my life, but right now, I'm too depressed of my cystic acne to even really worry about that.

Any former cystic acne- sufferers with a scar free face here? Or have you heard of anyone? Would be nice with some hope, you know.

Btw, been 12 weeks on the course now. How 'bout you?

I've been on the course since november 15th, so almost 3 weeks.

you are very ahead of me!

but yeah i know what you mean.. i really am too worried about the acne to think too much about the scars, but i kinda wish that when accutane makes all the acne go away (which it hopefully WILL do), i wont be left with the whole scar problem all over my face :/