Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Metric24

accutane on a zero fat diet?

Mmmm...I was wondering. This is my second course of Accutane. I took it when I was 19 or 20 and I honestly don't remember having any side effects, not even dry skin. Even talking about it with my mom, she said my skin might have been slightly drier, but no side effects really. I remember my skin getting slightly better, but it didn't really clear me.

But I read on this forum that you need to take your accutane with something fatty to absorb the product. Thing is, at the time I did my first course, I was on a stupid protein diet.(absolutely not fat!!!) I would mix powder (like lemonade) with water 3 times a day and ate only iceberg lettuce with vinegar. I lost like 30 pounds in less than 2 months.

But could this have stopped the accutane from working? Cause right now, I'm experiencing so many side effects: dry eyes, extremely dry skin, joint pain, fatigue, ... And I did not experience anything like this the first time I tried Accutane.

Just wondering...

yes 100% that probably is the reason why you didnt have many side effects. having accutane with fatty foods is key.

I don't know much about tane, but I do know it needs fat in order for it to break down in the body efficiantly. And I don't know much about healthy eating, but your body actually NEEDS some fat in order to work. Iceburg lettuce and protein powder isn't healthy, that's a starvation ticket right there.

thanks!

And yeah, I know....as are every single stupid diets out there. I did that diet once and do not recommend it to anyone. You gain the weight back as quickly as you lost it and it is really unhealthy.

But it could explain why I got no side effects at all...

yea - it's definatly the lack of fat that made it not work - I read that taking accutane without some type of fatty food reduces absoption by over 50%

what do you gus take it with:? Im too scared to try milk bc idk if that makes me breakout worse or not?! Especially being people have a lot of allergies to it + the hormones in it.

what do you gus take it with:? Im too scared to try milk bc idk if that makes me breakout worse or not?! Especially being people have a lot of allergies to it + the hormones in it.

you can chug olive oil with it that wont break you out

Yum...lol. What about taking two fish oil capsules?

Yum...lol. What about taking two fish oil capsules?

that wont give you as much fat as chugging olive oil. depends how badly YOU really want the tane to work

I had to change my diet...so I now eat peanut butter in the morning to get something really fatty.

If I don'T feel like it, I take it with some nuts or olive oil, but in a salad.

hey latoo..

i take it with my regular breakfast..

but ive recently cut dairy from my diet..and some grains...

im thinking of doing a caveman diet...no grains..no dairy..and no red meats..

so basically im down to vegetables..fruits...and white meats...sounds fun..

Chugging olive oil? Bleh! :sick: You don't need THAT much fat for the drug to adhere to. An avacado, a spoonful of peanut butter, fish oil caps, a sandwich with mayo - foods with healthy fats are just fine. No need to clog the arteries.

Chugging olive oil? Bleh! :sick: You don't need THAT much fat for the drug to adhere to. An avacado, a spoonful of peanut butter, fish oil caps, a sandwich with mayo - foods with healthy fats are just fine. No need to clog the arteries.

Not all fats are created equal, and not all fats clog your arteries, especially NOT olive oil.

"Olive oil is on the list of “good” oils and a “monounsaturated” fat. Using a “cold-pressed” organic olive oil as your main source of oil may cut your risk of coronary heart disease almost in half.

Studies have show that particles of LDL (bad) cholesterol that contain monounsaturated fats (found in olive oil) are less likely to become oxidized. This is important because only oxidized cholesterol is able to stick to your artery walls and form plaques."