Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Speedracer

Placenta Lotions

I was watching VH1 the other day and they had a special called "the fabulous life of high spender" or something like that. Anyway they talked about celebs that dont want to get plastic surgey so they apply some stuff with placentas and forskin (animals) on their faces to keep them young and vibrant. I dont know if my memeory serves me correctly but dont placentas carry high amounts of EGF and HGH (human growth hormone). Anyway, that doesnt mean slapping placneta on ones face is going to be effective or even absorbed, but maybe someone knows more about than I.

The 2 products that were talked about are these

http://www.milaproducts.com/timeline.html

http://www.skinmedica.com/main.php

You know what????????

When I gave birth to my twin boys, a midwife and I were having a chat, and she said that they sold the placentas onto laboratories to make face creams for the likes of Elizableth Arden!! (Eeee ... they got 2 for the price of one with me!)

And apparently, the placenta of boys was more valuable than girls (I wonder why?)

And....... I know there is EGF in urine ...... and In China, there are some Chinese doctors who collect the urine from young boys (again boys..) and they save it for a minimum of 7 years to make it into 'aged urine' ... and if someone has a bad burn/wound etc.. they are immersed into these aged urine baths and apparently heal with no problem.

How to make use of these insights?

Reading this jostled my memory a bit. Remember in the movie "Fight Club" where Brad Pitt said that he makes soap from human fat? And the ladies at the beauty department were raving about it? Think that's true?

Human placenta

Proteins from the placental sac from the fetus have been thought to provide beneficial effects in tissue growth and hence have been used as newfangled anti-wrinkle creams. The FDA, however, has shown them to be ineffective. It is still found in some anti-aging cream on the market.

http://www.totalskincare.com/library/defau...?libraryid=1653

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

A number of biological products in cosmetics have raised consumer concern:

Human placenta is the nourishing lining of the womb (uterus), which is expelled after birth. When placental materials were first used as cosmetic ingredients in the 1940s, manufacturers promoted the products as providing beneficial hormonal effects such as stimulating tissue growth and removing wrinkles. (Although newborn infants emerge from the womb with wrinkled skin!) The hormone content and the tissue-growth and wrinkle-removing claims classified the placenta-containing products as drugs, and FDA declared them to be ineffective and therefore misbranded.

FDA's challenge caused placenta suppliers to change marketing strategies by claiming that hormones in their placenta ingredients had been extracted and were no longer in the product. They then offered placental raw materials without medical claims--only as a source of protein.

Can you get a disease from placental cosmetic ingredients? Bailey says no. Placenta used in cosmetics is washed and processed many times to destroy any harmful bacteria or viruses. Besides that, says Bailey, the cosmetic matrix (components that bind the ingredients in products) is made from a wide variety of substances, such as alcohol and preservatives, that would present a hostile environment to any viruses or bacteria the placenta might have carried.

http://www.organicconsumers.org/bodycare/f...a_cosmetics.cfm

damn i coulda made myself rich when i was little... and if i was chinese

I found this.....

EXPERIMENTAL STUDY OF THE ACTIVITY OF PLACENTA EXTRACT ON HEALING OF WOUNDS

The study of a wound involves the specific inter-relation between two constants: The organism's ability to heal and inhibiting factors, i.e. infection.

A healing product should counteract the inhibiting factors. The infection is the principle cause for aggravating a wound & retarding healing

The four successive phases in the healing process include

1. function of the initial surface of the wound (dilation).

2. Initial contraction=reduction of wound's surface.

3. Slowed contraction due to inflammatory response.

4. Terminal contraction associated with productive stage, i.e. Organization of tissue. End of this stage=closing of wound

VASCULAR AND CELLULAR RESPONSE. Two stages

1. Inflammatory response. The vascular process exudes liquid rich protein plasma, ions and leukocytes. This vascular reaction assures the elimination of dead tissue and rejects infection by drainage of the wound and biochemical action of lissome and leukocytes. This phase lasts as long as the infectious factors persist

2. Productive stage. Re-establishes dermo-epidermic structures thanks to the activity of endothermal and epithelia cells of fibroblastes. Restores a 'granulation' tissue.

Two- series of experiments were performed to study the effect of placenta extract on rats with slow healing wounds. It was found that placenta applied to rats with slow-healing wounds began to heal at a normal rate, or parallel to control rats that had wounds not aggravated by infection or inflammatory applications.

The experiments provide evidence that placenta extract does restore a normal rate of healing time in cases where healing is retarded by inflammatory response.

Placenta is a safe therapeutic agent with potent regenerating activities on all human tissue. When introduced into humans (internally), it can reinforce deteriorating cells and hence bring back or restore their youth. Professor Paul Weiss of the New York Rockefeller Institute has substantiated that cells do contain specific factors that can influence rejuvenation of other cells

If you scroll down on this site you could read more about this. I really like these to factor's 1. wound healing 2. Inflammation

http://www.lifex.com/appear.html