Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Hello.

I think that since I started the regimen, I started blushing more easy, I don't know if it's from the regimen or something else. Maybe i'm in love without knowing it myself..

I'm still waiting for the redness to pass, and I think that the blushing might be a result of the red(HOT) face. Not hot like in sexyness, but like in temper.

So do you guys think I'll stop blushing after the redness goes down?

I've been on the regimen for 2 months, and I know that in some cases, the redness will go down.

I started off the first month not taking it that serious, but it cleared me up alright! Love my new skin! :dance:

Now im waiting for my red marks and red face to disappear, and my BLUSHING! I often also get comments that i look like I have a tan, that I blush or that I look red. My mother thought I was ill..

Anyone have any tips how to not blush? Because when I first start blushing, I can feel my face knocking, sort of... And I hate when people look at me, because then I blush even more.. I don't really got any reason to blush, I rarely get emberrased, and I look good (i think), and girls like me.

(I would really just like someone to say that their redness disappeared after some time, and that it takes some time to gain your self - confidence back, because that is what I think!)

Ugh - hope you took your time to read it all :doh:

And I love the REGIMEN ! <3

Norwegian kisses.xx

I BLUSH SO EASILY TOO AND MY FACE FEELS ON FIRE....IT EMBARESSES ME....DON'T HAVE ANY TIPS...

Finally someone in the same boat as me!!! I got it after starting the regimen!! How long are you on??

I would like to stay in touch with you to see when your blushing stops! Send me a pm! : )

I'm in the same boat. My higher cheek area always looks flush. I'm figuring out how to combat the redness as well. I've tried lowering the dose of BP, but I'm only using a 1/2 pump and I'm on week 2. I really wish someone would help us figure this thing out!

HEY! me too! I've been using dan's regime for over a year now and it works grreeaat, BUT yes, my face does always look flushed. It never really bothered me since I'd much rather have a flushed face than one with lotsa pimples, but once in awhile I'd always get a comment or two about my flushed look. My neighbor who's works in a facial salon has even tried to sell me a cream thinking I was having some kind of allergic reaction to something. A couple of my friends have mentioned my redness asking me why I'm blushing, or embarrassed or asked if I got a tan or sunburn (the area around my eyes and the sides of my face are the only places not pink compared with the rest of my face which I apply bp onto, so it really, really does look like i just went through the whole summer wearing sunglasses) , and now that you guys mentioned it too, it's starting to concern me :ermm: why is this happening to us?? help!

I just wanted to bump this thread a bit, and I would like to say that my red face, and BLUSHING never goes away.. That's why I started doing the regimen in the evening only, before bed, and now I have at least 1 - 2 active pimples in my face + 100's of chest and body acne.. Sigh.. :clap:

-

But I want to have good skin. The first year of school was fine. I started of by having some pimples, none on my chest, none on my back. I was happy, and perfectly fine. But when the summer of 2008 came, I started seing my acne as a problem. I looked away when people looked at me, I hided my pimples etc. I've always been a very sensetive boy, yet I always get comment on my good look. I have a lot of girls that obviously like me, I just can't see to know why. I guess I'm so concerned about my own look that I think people think bad thoughts about me all the time.

So just a week or two before christmas this year, hell broke lose.

It started with the pulse in September. I easy got a high pulse, from talking loud or in some situations, even when playing computer. I guess I got nervous. I think it's all from the regimen, because I thought people would see my red face, see the flaky skin or whatever. I always wished for a mirror to see that no of my skin was falling off.

Then I started blushing AND getting a high pulse. I could not understand why this happened to me. Luckily I have SUCH great friends and family to take care of me. The top was reached when I would start blushing, getting a high pulse and even getting nocious when sitting still in the classroom. I googled a lot, and to my concerne, I found out I might have developed social phobia.

I cried myself to sleep, for the first time in 5 years, since my beloved grandfather passed away. I feel so sad right now, I hate going to school, I hate social gatherings with to much people. And if they all look at me, even worse. I blush from nothing.

The reason why I posted this here, is to say; I blame it on the regimen. Dear Dan and all. I hoped that some day I could write my very own success story. I waited for my face to be clear. It is clear, indeed. But the only time im happy now, ist when i hang out with 3 people or less, or if im alone.

Ive always been a popular and outgoing boy. And I think that maybe, just MAYBE, (not to be religous or anything) this is gods way of punishing me, for not being happy as who I was.

I also posted this to get some compassion. I need some social support. Someone tell me this will all be fine. I want to get in touch with people in some what similar situations.

2 years ago i spent all day alone, playing computer, running in the mountains. I was still popular, but I had a scar on my stomach that mad me uncomfortable.

My happy thoughts these days all go to thinking about travelling far away, around in Europe alone, seing stuff, meeting new people, being myself.

Dear god, please give me wings so I can fly away for now.

Love from Norway

hello! i used to use the regimen for about 2 months but then i noticed these red patches on my face. At first it was small and I thought i was breaking out so i kept using the regimen. But then it got bigger and i started to get more of the patches on my cheeks. So i stopped using the regimen and switched to a simple face cleanser and it went away a few days later. I'm not sure why i got the redness.. maybe an allergic reaction to BP? and does anyone know how to tell if you're allergic to BP?

I've been using it for about 2 weeks, and today at school, people were saying I look sunburned or tanned, and asking if I was nervous.

I was just like, eh I don't know.

Dude I feel for you but if you went to the redness section of the forum there is my new thread top of the list dedicated for medication for flushing

Its called clonidine,ask your doctor about it,usually taken a couple times a day.

Alot of people say its reallly really helps with there flushing,I just started to take it,honestly ive learned that the only way to make it better is try to get the proper medication and believe it will go away.

finacea and flushing medication..I hope I can control it..if not I will try to get my doctor to give me some anti-mill like lemarr got and that cured his flushing..but until then..I will try this.

hope everything goes well,any more questions feel free. ill come back to see if u have any

Ok, the only thing is that im actually kind of a no-pill-for-problem guy... I don't like pills, they freak me off. Hmm .

Im so skeptic right now. And I never heard of anyone actually curing their acne with the regimen :(

My skin is good right now - I want to keep it like that! I just pray to god I don't destroy my skin with this.

Those pills are safe?

Little kids take them for stuff,usually help with sleep.

my pharmacist told my dad who asked him what it was thats its one of those pills that can be for a 100 problems..

lol

do your research,all I experience is a dry mouth,I can live with that over no flushing lol.

and try to use something gentle and finacea,drop the regimen my dude,sorry dan lol

it will only get worse,your skin can clearly not handle it.

finacea is the most gentle acne cream you can find so some derms say.

I had no Initial breakout,ittchy feeling or anything

Also I hate to break it to you but if your not up for pills..your flushing wont stop

I never heard of someones flushing just stopping without doing anything,you can try laser treatments but its costly and most likely wont do a dam thing for flushing..

pills directed for your problem are the only way to go

but dont take low dose accutane or any acne related pills like u did..

simple, if you're not too shy mind taking a few pics? I see all these posts complaining about redness, but honestly I think I have it the worse. A lot of you guys have really good skin >.<

Yeah if you posted a pic I could recommend great products

usually people paint out there eyes so theres not way of seeing who you actually are

Yeah if you posted a pic I could recommend great products

usually people paint out there eyes so theres not way of seeing who you actually are

354925.jpeg

Theeere ya go ^^

Red or ??

no its not bad. i used to get the same way. i just use less bp and less aha now.. but i get zits too..alot of peple just have naturally red skin, and if i saw u id think the same think. one thing..if u use alot of aha.. i would calm down on it..thats what rly did the trick for me

I'm in the same boat. My higher cheek area always looks flush. I'm figuring out how to combat the redness as well. I've tried lowering the dose of BP, but I'm only using a 1/2 pump and I'm on week 2. I really wish someone would help us figure this thing out!

:nod: Higher cheek bones and under eyes.....just where the sun would hit. I'm on 1/2 pump and i have been on THE REGIMEN for two months :doh: I am going to start using other lotions.

IDK maybe THE REGIMENthins skin and therefore the color comes over easier.

You obviously have very clear skin now. If you are out in the sun, you need to be moisturizing with something that contains sunblock since BP causes sensitivity to sunlight. You also should slowly reduce the amount of BP you are using until you find the minimum effective amount for your acne.

I have been on the regimen for 3 months and my face has never looked so bad. Its super red, like a different color than my neck by far and peeling and flaking. Also, I have gotten clogged pores and about 1-2 pimples a day.

I didn't use BP last night or this morning. I may use a little tonight to try and ween my way off of it. I'm expecting a breakout because I'm only cleansing with a non-soap mild cleanser and moisturizing.

Has anyone stopped BP after a while of use and not broken out like a train wreck? I'm trying to get my face back to normal to try other options. I hate that BP bleaches and turns my face red. Plus, I've been reading that nobody knows long term effects so it could cause skin cancer... or something.

Hey simplepimple! Sorry about the redness and discomfort! I know exactly what you're talking about! My skin is so sensitive it just goes absolutely nuts with anything abrasive! Open a bottle of bp ten feet away and my skin will start to burn badly and slough away! My cheeks get fiery and sting like hell and I have to move heaven and earth to calm it down. The only thing that I have found to help me, and not cause me to break out because of oiliness or irritation is Aveeno Moisturizing Lotion. I get the stuff with oatmeal in it and it is fantastic. It will not clog pores either and brings relief and stops the redness usually within a day. I apply it twice a day.

Really I do not believe god is punishing you with your acne or redness. I mean what kind of a crappy god would give people acne even if they supposedly did something he didn't like?! I think acne is a disease and whether your "good" or not has nothing to do with whether you get it. I really hope things look up for you! Keep your chin up!