Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
v3nus

My cysts are healing but how do you get rid of the dark brown bumps left over?

my chin cysts are healing and much smaller but they seem to now just be dark brown bumps.. should I keep putting BP on them? or cortisone cream or some other healing cream? they have been dark brown bumps for a few days and dont seem to be flattening or going away....

the brown part is hyperpigmentation. However the bumps is what I also have and I really have no fuckin idea how to get rid of them. I hardly get cysts but the bump still remains (mind you not always visible on the surface).

For me accutane helped prevent new cystic acne and also helped tremedously on normal acne pimples and blackheads. But it stopped current cystic acne fcrom growing further whilst on it but didn't actually remove the cysts or surface them properly. So now I just suffer from these bumps under my skin.

Go to a derm (make sure he offers injections for cysts first) and have him inject them with some type of antiinflammatory. They'll go down, but get in ASAP. Call early in the morning for any cancellations that day or the next.

I have those bumps under the skin

they are called Nodules.

My doctor increased my Isotretinoin dose (u call it Accutane in the west i guess)

She said if it doesn't go with it, then she would put some medicine on my skin and give those anti acne electric shock treatment

I've been using mandelic acid for a little over a month and it seems to be bringing those bumps to the surface. It's annoying because I keep getting new spots, but once they come to a head and I'm able to extract the plug of sebum (using Q-tips, no squeezing here!) the spot goes away almost overnight. Some of those bumps have been under my skin for over a year, but they're all going away.

are you guys talking about nodes? i have ones that stay around for WEEKS into months, no kidding. but they go away eventually. i'm just happy they don't hurt or are visible. the discoloration from acne goes away too, but it'll take months, sorry. you just have to try to ignore them because there is no day to day changes.

I have them too from cysts. They do go away but I see a derm - I suggest you go see the derm and see if he/she can extract them if need be. However, try some glycolic products on the post inflammatory spots. I have them from past breakouts and the glycolic cleanser with a light glycolic peel will work wonders. There are some great products out there. I use glycolic wash, a glycolic based moisturizer, and Finacea. It lightens the dark spots.