Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Hi everyone i was finally prescribed to Claravis. i was expecting accutane, but for my understanding there is no difference in between them just the price lol. any way i started today so this is day one. i am on 40 MG once a day for now and well i took my pill after a big meal. well i never really understood if it was suposed to be before a meal, during a meal or after a meal so i took it after but please correct me if im wrong. any way i took the pill and about 5 min later i kinda felt dizzy idk is kind of hard to describe maybe it was just because i was nervous lol idk. i will keep you guys updated but for now this is it.

goodnight. (its night over here lol)

Peace. :dance:

Day 2

No major effects really my acne looks better than yesterday and my lips are a litttttttle chaped and i had a mild headache through the day. i hope this works cuz it sux lol.

peace..

It will work just have faith. The headaches should go away after a week or two of taking the meds. Make sure you have a good chapstick with you at all times. Your lips are going to get chapped like a mofugga. Drink lots and lots of water and absolutely no picking you face. Best of luck to you!!!!

thanks for the reply. so what kind of chapstick do you recomend using cuz i mean im not using it yet but im sure in a few more days i will for sure lol. and for the picking lol i have a tendency of not picking at them but touching them i guess i gott change the habit.

I used Aquaphor but that can make your lips really shiny and most guys don't like that. Dans Cortibalm was made for Accutane users, I think you can google it and find out where to buy it. Natural Ice Cherry is also good because it has SPF 15 in it or good old Carmex will work too. Maybe use Aquaphor or petroleum jelly before going to bed (that way no one sees with shiny lips :) )

Day 3

im feeling very tired im sure is because of the medicine. it wasnt like this before. my lips are a little dry but skin isnt dry yet. other than that my acne looks the same.

peace...

If acne is really bothering you then go for it but if you feel like you can live with acne dont take the risk. i decided to take the risk and listen to what my body tells me. so far nothing bad just dry lips and very tired. but to my feelings i feel like if youre well taken care of by a good dermatologist then you should be fine. but again is up to you to make a decision.

good luck. I'm going to see my GP (doctor) next week, although i'm still not sure if I will go through with it.

Day 4

no major effects. dryer lips. my skin looks kind of oily now lol. a little less tired. no more headaches and my eyes hurt like if i just came back from swimming.

thats it for today.

peacee.

Day 5

today freking sucked i just canme back from school. my mom couldnt pick me up on time so started walking home. holy crap i almost died out there. it was cold as %$^*(&* and then i walked like 4 miles. 3 black guys were following me i think they wanbted to rob me or something which is weird cuz thats usually not a problem in my neighborhood. i coulnd even move my jaw cuz of how cold i was. my lips were very dry but my skin wasnt it was really cold tho. i think im getting sick lol. any way my skin looks the same. my skin seems to be quite oily lol not dry at all. quite dry lips. no major side effects a little tired and no IB yet i think. im hoping is not as bad. i heard that getting a really bad IB is a sign that the medicine is working. does that mean that if i dont get an IB my medicine isnt working?

Day 6

ok well today is cool. i feel my acne getting a little better. no IB yet. A little dry lips. No dry skin. no tiredness. however i did notice a few hairs in my pillow. i dont want it to be a problem :[ any way thats about it for today i'll kepp you all updated.

peace...

Day 7

no big effects yet. no IB yet. little dry lips. no dry skin. everything seems normal. eyes irritated and thats abput it my acne seems to be clearing a little bit which is quite suprising.

peace...

Day 8

i have a big headache today grrr. im wondering if i can take advil or something during accutane, does anyone know? my lips are getting dryer by day. skin not dry really. eyes a little irritated. not too tired. acne is looking better too. No IB yet.

thats about it for today.

Peace.....

Day 8

i have a big headache today grrr. im wondering if i can take advil or something during accutane, does anyone know? my lips are getting dryer by day. skin not dry really. eyes a little irritated. not too tired. acne is looking better too. No IB yet.

thats about it for today.

Peace.....

my IB kicked in at day 10 lasted like 2 weeks ..

I also get tired as hell .. like I sleep 10 hours every night now, I used to get like 7-8 and be fine. Umm .. just man up on the headaches, they should pass. I started on 40 , moved to 60 , then to 70. I had I guess moderate acne too .. so yea GL dude.

Day 9

hi guys. today nothing interesting. i have not experienced IB yet. definitely dry lips. no headache today. a drier skin. not as tired today. nothing bothers me too much right now. exept for this pimple i have it really bothers me is like on my cheek right next to my nose grr. everything seems fine. no severe effects. eyes lees irritated.

peace...

my IB kicked in at day 10 lasted like 2 weeks ..

I also get tired as hell .. like I sleep 10 hours every night now, I used to get like 7-8 and be fine. Umm .. just man up on the headaches, they should pass. I started on 40 , moved to 60 , then to 70. I had I guess moderate acne too .. so yea GL dude.

Day 10

irritated eyes, NO IB, lips not too dry today, no dry skin, my back hurts in the morning, i get tired easily from running, little chest pain........... away from that everything is great! i feel good and my acne is looking better.

peace........

hey, i think i am one day ahead of you ey. im on day 12 taking 20mg for mild but persistent acne. you similar?? from day 5 i had quite a bi breakout to tell the the truth. and i think i can just see it calming down a bit. i have also been told that only one in 12 ppl who go on the drug experience an IB, but its hard to believe beacuse most ppl suffer it on here. i guess your lucky or it might come soon. hopefully not tho!!!!! glad to see your copin well look foward t seeing your progress beacuse it sounds very similarto mine. catch ya.

Day 12

everything seems ok NO IB yet, quite dry lips, slightly dry skin, irritated eyes, not too tires. acne loos better.

peace...

hey, i think i am one day ahead of you ey. im on day 12 taking 20mg for mild but persistent acne. you similar?? from day 5 i had quite a bi breakout to tell the the truth. and i think i can just see it calming down a bit. i have also been told that only one in 12 ppl who go on the drug experience an IB, but its hard to believe beacuse most ppl suffer it on here. i guess your lucky or it might come soon. hopefully not tho!!!!! glad to see your copin well look foward t seeing your progress beacuse it sounds very similarto mine. catch ya.

Day 13

everything seems fine so far no IB yet, my skin looks better. irritated eyes, dry lips and quite dry skin.

peace...

im new to this, and i was just wondering what IB is???? everyone is talking about it.

Day 16

everything is good so far, no Dry skin, i do have dry lips now, eyes less irritated, NO IB yet and thats about it. does anyone know when i can expect dry skin?

peace.