Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
tired princess

probiotic acidophilus

so i've been on doxycycline for about 2 weeks now 100mg once daily, along with zinc 50mg once daily.

i just picked up a cvs brand probiotic acidophilus, because i'm PRONE to yeast infections while on antibiotics. (sorry guys)

just curious if this will effect my acne? aggravate it? make it worse? the label says it contains NO MILK. so yeah, just curious how anyone did with this? and if it's ok to take a long with doxy and zinc?

i thought i was suppose to refridgerate these pills? doesn't say anything anywhere?

hey girl, i have acidophilus too...sadly i'm prone to yeast infections too, fing hate them, anyways, the pills(acdophilus) that i have right now are not refridgerated cause on the bottle it doesn't say how to store them..i've had other bottles that say to put them in the fridge...so i figured that this bottle doesn't need to be in the fridge....

Probiotics will help, as along as they are still viable. I'd be wary of CVS brand, I've had other products of theirs expire do to their odd choice of shelf lighting (heat).

Probiotics are found in the intestinal system of healthy humans, and make up a large portion of our immune system. Without them we are vulnerable to all sorts of things. Antibiotics kill them - long term antibiotics can wipe out the whole colony - a bad thing.

I'd suggest doubling whatever dose is recommended on the bottle until you are off antibiotics for a week. Enzymatic Therapies makes a decent, viable, probiotic called Pearls available at WalMart for $9.99. (Blue box)

thanks , yeah i just looked at the bottle and it does say to refridgerate after opening, and the exp date says something 2010, so i think that should be ok. yeah i used to take the blue box of those at walmart but they'd always turn like a funky brown color??? so i stopped, and now im onto these

you want the refrigerated kind, this advice came from a scientist not me. its likley that its good advice. The microflora in the intestinal tract supposedly are responsible for 80% of your immune system, this particular scientist states that these bacteria simply "own you" and that the gut used to be our original brain as we evolved from single cell organisms. Perhaps there is some hint at this concept when people say they just felt it in their gut, in terms of "knowledge" and the brain.

I've tried both the refrigerated kind (Nature's Way 'Primodophilus Intensive - 100 Billion CFU') and the room-temperature kind (Enzymatic Therapy 'Pearls IC').

I don't think i'll just stick with one. I wanna try different ones. I'm looking to try Dr. Ohhira's next.

I might try Primal Defense one day.

I hear 'Threelac' is good for candida.

I take the Primal Defense Ultra Probiotic, and have taken the regular one and have noticed that the Ultra gives me much more results since it keeps me very regular.

Probiotics most definitely break me out. Its very frustrating, because I really wish I could take them.

What kind are you taking? What species are in it?

Try a plain Lactobacillus Acidophilus supplement. If you can find it, get the DDS-1 strain.