Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
stolis8

So Many Options! Possibly B5?

Hi everyone,

There are so many possible remedies to my acne condition on this site, I'm not sure which one to try. Let me give you a little background.

I am 19 years old. I started getting blemishes when I was 16, but I never really had a problem with it until about a year ago, when it started to get progressively worse. I would have considered my case mild, but it was definitely getting into moderate. Almost all of my acne is in the middle portion of my face (nose, around lips, and chin) and the forehead. Interestingly enough, those are the ONLY areas of my face that get oily. My cheeks and sides of face are never oily, and are usually kind of dry. Anyway, I saw a doctor around this time last year, and he quickly prescribed me Doxycycline. I used that with great results for about 5 months. During that time, I was essentially clear, although my skin was still reallllly shiny from oil. A very interesting situation happened during that time. I went to a party one night, and ended up sleeping over without washing my face or anything. When I woke up in the morning, I had a bunch of very very small whiteheads below my nose and on my forehead. To me, it seems like all the excess oil that I did not wash off that night gave me those whiteheads.

Near the 6th month of me using Doxycycline, the effectivness obviously began to dimish, and soon enough my acne got to a point where it was even worse than when i started on the antibiotic. I was lucky enough to find this site, and I began using the DKR regimen. I still continue to use the DKR regimen (only to the middle of my face and forehead). Although the regimen clears me up completely when I use enough BP, my face must be pretty sensitive because even after 6 months of application, my face still gets noticeably redder to the areas that I apply the regimen, I still get some flakes, and these areas are constantly tight and itchy. I even reduced my application to once in the morning, but I still get the same side effects. And in general, it’s a complete pain in the ass to do this night and day, especially as a college student.

Therefore, I have been thinking that I should try a more internal remedy that suites the type and severity of my acne. If possible, I would want to make a slow transition into remedy without getting blemishes. Some popular methods I have seen and am interested in is B5, DIM, and AVC.

B5 seems like a good solution, although I do not want to take the full 10 g. That seems like way to much to be taking. Maybe like 2-4 grams in conjunction with the DKR regimen? And if I see results try stopping the regimen all together? Any advice on how I can approach this and exact steps would greatly be appreciated.

And I found the thread on DIM interesting because I remember when I got my blood test done about a year ago, my total testosterone and DHEA sulfate levels were pretty elevated. They were 954 ng/dL and 370 mcg/dL, respectively. Also, I have gynaeclomastia, so I’m not sure if there is some particular hormone imbalance that is causing my acne.

And the ACV just seems like it has worked for many people. Lol

Sorry for the SUPER long post. I just wanted to give all the information I have, and if anyone can help me put these pieces together into a potential solution I would be extremely grateful.

Thanks!

ive been taking B5 for a month now, the full 10gs, and i havent been happier with my skin..

i dont use dans regimen, so i dont know exactly, but i HAVE noticed that if you dont irritate or pick your skin while you take the B5 if it amazing.

i also consume ACV daily. i consume 3 tablespoons a day diluted into a juice mixture.

in all honesty, if you are finding that dan's regimen is making your face look a bit redder in areas, i would try taking B5 and ACV.

the ACV helps even out skin tone well,

and the B5 prevents pimples from accuring.

its up to you though!

i just wash with a gentle cleanser. thats it. no BP. no SA.

oooohhh & another note about the B5...

i started with a brand called "new roots panthotenic acid" and after 3 weeks, i didnt really see any noticeable differences, and it made my stomach upset.

so i switched to the pathotenic acid from GNC (which is most reccomended on this forum) and i saw major differences in just a week.

so, brand does make a difference!

i started with a brand called "new roots panthotenic acid" and after 3 weeks, i didnt really see any noticeable differences, and it made my stomach upset.

so i switched to the pathotenic acid from GNC (which is most reccomended on this forum) and i saw major differences in just a week.

I just started with the B5 regimen. I am taking 10 caps a day so that makes it 5g. I think 20 caps a day is too much. I am taking NOW brand. Got any feedback?

I just started with the B5 regimen. I am taking 10 caps a day so that makes it 5g. I think 20 caps a day is too much. I am taking NOW brand. Got any feedback?

with such a low dose, i wouldnt expect an immediate difference, however, i agree, some times its hard to take 20 pills a day, and it gets expensive.

ive never heard of the NOW brand, just be advised that if it is making you feel ill, you should switch to a new brand. there is nothing more gross than the feeling of a gross pill sliding down your throat.

good luck!