Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
aggie_girl

What moisturizer are you using?

Hi all-

I have always used Cetaphil but I have made a recent discovery on something better that I thought I would share with those of you using a drying medication for your face. I am currently 3 weeks into using Retin A Gel 0.01% (this is not my first time using Retin A, so I know about the dreadful dry skin) and about a week ago I discovered Emu Oil. I am telling you, this stuff is awesome. I do have a few, very, very small patches of dry skin still, but this emu oil is still the best moisturizer ever! I can even wear makeup and I dont look like a freak show. It actually absorbs into my skin.

A few facts:

1.Hyper-oxygenated properties. Emu Oil effectively draws the blood supply to topically applied areas thus accelerating circulation. This speeds up healing time for wounds and is helpful for anti-aging. This makes it ideal for skin creams, massage creams and muscle salves.

2.Anti-bacterial. Emu Oil has shown anti-bacterial properties.

3.Hypoallergenic. Emu Oil is ideal for people concerned about skin conditions or reactions.

4.Non-comedogenic. Emu Oil does not clog pores.

5.Emu Oil contains EFA's (Essential Fatty Acids), an important essential oil for a healthy lifestyle.

I just wanted to share a great product worth looking into. Has anyone eles used this? What are you currently using that you have had sucess with?

CeraVe...I have tried many other products but when I use this it doesn't look like I am sweating. It absorbs into my skin and is much better than Cetaphil.

I use the lotion, no cream.

Hi all-

I have always used Cetaphil but I have made a recent discovery on something better that I thought I would share with those of you using a drying medication for your face. I am currently 3 weeks into using Retin A Gel 0.01% (this is not my first time using Retin A, so I know about the dreadful dry skin) and about a week ago I discovered Emu Oil. I am telling you, this stuff is awesome. I do have a few, very, very small patches of dry skin still, but this emu oil is still the best moisturizer ever! I can even wear makeup and I dont look like a freak show. It actually absorbs into my skin.

A few facts:

1.Hyper-oxygenated properties. Emu Oil effectively draws the blood supply to topically applied areas thus accelerating circulation. This speeds up healing time for wounds and is helpful for anti-aging. This makes it ideal for skin creams, massage creams and muscle salves.

2.Anti-bacterial. Emu Oil has shown anti-bacterial properties.

3.Hypoallergenic. Emu Oil is ideal for people concerned about skin conditions or reactions.

4.Non-comedogenic. Emu Oil does not clog pores.

5.Emu Oil contains EFA's (Essential Fatty Acids), an important essential oil for a healthy lifestyle.

I just wanted to share a great product worth looking into. Has anyone eles used this? What are you currently using that you have had sucess with?

where are you buying your emu-oil from? im trying to find a good brand...

Hi HCS-

I was a little confused with all the online companies saying their emu oil was better than all the rest :confused:

So I just decided to go to the local health food store (Sunharvest) and purchase emu oil there (2oz. for $20). It is called Canyon River and its made in Texas, and of course they claim their Premuflo processed emu oil is the world's highest quality! So who knows...but I am very satisified with this. Then again this is my first time using emu oil so I have nothing to compare to.

Have you used different brands and were not satisfied?

Hey thanks for your advice.

Question: If using Duac thats a cream with benzol peroxide and climandycin in it, in the morning, do you think I could use the Emu oil after ?

I also use Retin A Micro at night, and am having horrible red peeling skin :( can barely wear foundation i so desperately need! I'm also at the beginning of the 3rd week of this Retin a micro and Duac treatment, and taking some Nicotinamide ZCF pills it's like a vitamin b complex with zinc, copper and folic acid.

The moisturizer I use is Aveeno Ultra Calming Daily Moisturizer SPF 15, but im still really red and peeling like wow...

Try vanicreme light lotion. Really cheap (about 8 dollars) and works really well. I'm on taz 0.1% and solodyn so that makes my skin extremely dry and sensitive. Other vanicreme products are awesome too, all really cheap.

doesnt oil clog pores?forgive me if im wrong but seems like anything with oil in it would be pore clogging and cause zits.

doesnt oil clog pores?forgive me if im wrong but seems like anything with oil in it would be pore clogging and cause zits.

Do a search for Emu Oil on Acne.org and you will find your answer and loads of nice reading on the topic! :)

I have emu oil are you sure it doesnt clog pores. I am taking retin a micro and benzacline and my face is peeling and red i want to try it but am scared it will break me out.

I am also scared of clogging the pores..... but reading up on emu oil it seems according to most people like it wont, but you will always find people that it didnt work for though. Im also very carefull, only applying emu oil on Saturdays when I can walk around the house with an oily skin.

ok i know this is going to sound weird but i use a teensy bit of vaseline on my face it takes away ALL dryness and reddness there is NO flaking either it helps because i have abnormaly dry skin.

ok i know this is going to sound weird but i use a teensy bit of vaseline on my face it takes away ALL dryness and reddness there is NO flaking either it helps because i have abnormaly dry skin.

Hey im on retin-a micro too ,going on 3rd week.Hardly any breakout ,but extreme dryness,almost to the point i feel like i want to give up.On one of the other threads on here i asked the question,emu or jojoba oil,which was best?As of this moment nobody answered.Please keep us posted about the emu oil,and if your still not breaking out from it?Im very interested in your results ,so i can decide wether to buy it or not.By the way my skin is usually only slightly oily,so maybe the oil would work for me.Take care.

I only moisturize in the morning. If I put moisturizer on after Epiduo, it makes my face feel like its caught on fire. Even if I wait an hour, it still burns.

I only moisturize in the morning. If I put moisturizer on after Epiduo, it makes my face feel like its caught on fire. Even if I wait an hour, it still burns.

Well, I read your signature, and it seems you're applying AcZone as WELL as Epiduo at night? Isn't that a lot? Epiduo itself is already really strong, and you're adding Aczone? Your skin must be irritated like hell :/.

Have you tried w/o Aczone in PM?

Well, I read your signature, and it seems you're applying AcZone as WELL as Epiduo at night? Isn't that a lot? Epiduo itself is already really strong, and you're adding Aczone? Your skin must be irritated like hell :/.

Have you tried w/o Aczone in PM?

Aczone is supposed to be applied twice a day. I just started using Aczone a week ago. Ive been using Epiduo for almost a month. The burning has been occurring since I started the Epiduo. My face also doesnt burn in the morning if I use Aczone. Its not the Aczone. Its the Epiduo.