Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Yo Adrienne!

Ortho-Tri-cyclen

Ive been on it twice before and changed to another pill for various reasons, but thinking back, i think it helped the most with acne. Ive been on Desogen for over a year and i have gotten a lot of cysts along my jawline. so i hope ortho tri cyclen can help prevent that!

is anyone else on ortho tri cyclen for acne? and how is it working for you?

I was on ortho tri cyclen, this is how I got my acne. I never had acne before I went on birth control. I think you experience a break out at first and then it starts to improve. I could not wait so I switched to Loestrogen 24 fe.

I know YAZ works wonders for people with acne from the reviews I have read, but it is expensive.

hey everyone. Ä° am brand new to the website but i want to lay out my whole problem and maybe one of you can give me some advice.

when i was 17 i started taking tri cyclen because i got a boyfriend. previously i was on erthromycin for treating my moderate acne (mostly on my chin and jawline) it almost completely cleared up my acne. then i stopped it when i went on tri cyclen and after that just the birth control by itself did wonders for my skin. for 2 years i only rarely had a pimple and i thought i was cured. about 9 months ago i (stupidly) decided to go off the pill. my acne slowly started to come back so after 4 months of being off i started taking it again thinking i would have my perfect skin back in no time... that was 5 months ago!! when i started taking it again my acne got much worse. i thought it was just an adjustment thing and decided to hold out. but now i am at the end of my 5th pack and almost out of hope. my acne has just gone back to the way it was when i was 17. do you think my body will ever respond to tri cyclen again? do you think it was the break that screwed everything up? should i keep waiting for my body to adjust or has it been too long? can any one suggest another brand of birth control that has worked for them??

thanks everyone. good luck

OTC has given me the WORST ACNE I've ever experienced (I'm on my second pack). I was crying a few minutes ago. I'm going back to Yasmin. My doctor took me off Yasmin because it's low dose and since I'm overweight she thinks I might get pregnant. But the cysts are enough birth control for me :( I can't stand this. They're all over my face, jawline and neck. It's just sad.