Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
mole3691

Should i switch over?

I'm currently using proactiv (ya i know, here come the boos) and I'm thinking about switching over to Dan's acne products. I'd say that i have mild acne and i know don't have it the worst but I'm a pretty self conscious about how my face looks. My acne hasn't been that bad until this year when the colder weather started to arrive. I'm not really sure if dryness due to the weather is the main factor but it would be nice to here some opinions. What would you recommend and why? Thanks in advance.

Dan's regimen is amazing!

I used Proactiv until 6 weeks ago, and my skin has never been clearer!

I am now more confident, outgoing, and my skin is amazing. get it! get it! get it! but be patient.

I'm currently using proactiv (ya i know, here come the boos) and I'm thinking about switching over to Dan's acne products. I'd say that i have mild acne and i know don't have it the worst but I'm a pretty self conscious about how my face looks. My acne hasn't been that bad until this year when the colder weather started to arrive. I'm not really sure if dryness due to the weather is the main factor but it would be nice to here some opinions. What would you recommend and why? Thanks in advance.

Dan's regimen is amazing!

I used Proactiv until 6 weeks ago, and my skin has never been clearer!

I am now more confident, outgoing, and my skin is amazing. get it! get it! get it! but be patient.

Thanks Stephen for the reply. I don't think you can be anymore enthusiastic about Dan's products lol. How long did you use Proactiv before you switched to Dan's products?

I'm going to give the acne.org regimen products a try and see if they work better than Proactiv. I've been looking around the site and there's a lot of people saying that you need to be patient, which is going to be a hard thing for me to do. Picking at my skin is also going to be a difficult habit to break, but hopefully I'll be able to get rid of that, too.

I just have one other question. I was watching the videos of Dan showing the proper way of using his products and I don't completely understand his use of the cleanser. I know that they're not supposed to be an irritant to the skin (like the proactiv cleanser), but I don't understand how 10 seconds of Dan's cleanser will clean dead skin and whatnot out of the skin. I think I need clarification on the cleansing step of the regimen and what the process is supposed to do. Can anyone help me out on this one?

Thanks!

Oh and sorry if I said to much at once. It might be hard to understand what I was saying.

Honest truth... the regimen here works pretty good but it mite take up to a couple of months.. i think the only thing that kind of turns me off is how much Bp you have to use and how irritating it could be. I would get the sample pack before you do anything just to see how you do. The regimen is quite time consuming and i dont know if its just me but when i was on it, i was always thinking wow im putting all this Bp on my face to clear up just a little acne. It kinda left my face dull and sensitive. i know just use alpha hydrox products for mild acne and it works awesome! AHA is very good for mild acne. OK.. theres the negatives.. haha

Well I ordered the starter kit so idk if i missed the sample pack or if the starter kit is the same thing. The question really is would I rather stay on proactiv or use Dan's products? Also, what alpha hydrox product are you using?

I'm an ex proactiv user (used it for about four months) who has now been on Dan's regimen for over three years. BP was the key, which was why proactiv sort of worked - but Dan's stuff is cheaper, less irratating to me, and works much more consistently. It was in the winter that I realized that Proactiv wasn't going to cut it for me, either - the SA in the Proactiv totally wrecked my skin.

Theres no SA in proactiv. there's GA (Glycolic Acid) and i was using a cleanser and the toner from proactiv (which contains 5% Glycolic Acid) and Olay Complete moisturizing to i got the other AHA product and it seemed to clear my mild acne. I just dont want your skin to go through all that Bp mess if you only have mild acne... cuz BP has some irritating side effects.

I wish I heard of the AHA products before I ordered the products from Dan because i might have tried that first, but I have been using proactiv for about a year so its not like BP is going to be anything new. I mean I use it everyday and I don't mind it so hopefully I'll be fine.

I have been using pro activ for 4 years. It stopped working for me completely and instead of helping my acne it was creating my acne.

I cannot answer your cleanser question, but I do remember the proactiv products saying use the cleanser for 2 minutes which i think really irritates the active acne.

dans products are amazing.

good luck.

Alright so I just received the acne.org products today and i have one question.

Is it alright if I do the cleansing part in the shower because that's what I've been doing with proactiv? I take a shower right before bed so it kinda just makes it easier.

Alright so I just received the acne.org products today and i have one question.

Is it alright if I do the cleansing part in the shower because that's what I've been doing with proactiv? I take a shower right before bed so it kinda just makes it easier.

Yeah, that's perfectly fine that's when I do my cleansing. I actually think it works better to cleanse while in the shower, because the steam open up your pores and the product penetrates or works better. :D

ProActiv never seemed to help my skin, it only damaged it. Dan's products are by far the best I've ever used in my life after searching for the past 10 years. I would strongly recommend going with Dan's. My face is 100% clear.

I just used it for the first time and I just want to note how much more gentle the acne.org products are than proactiv. Also, there's no smell from the BP or cleanser, like the proactiv products have. I really hope that this works out because I just have a good feeling about it.